Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerrygallow Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 12:21 PM
    Furnace turns itself off every 2 minutes
    HI,
    I have a furnace that won't stay in. The blower keeps blowing, but the heat cuts out because the flames get shut off every two minutes or so.

Over the summer, we remodeled and streamlined the duct work. We eliminated lots of big runs that absorbed all the heat. Now, though, I think we do not have enough. We have one small duct run blowing directly into an open auditorium (its for a church. We don't keep the heat on constantly, but instead need to be able to heat the room quickly when the building is used. Could the problem be from this--not enough returns or vents?

Secondly, I'm not sure if the gas is open all the way. We shut it off this summer, and there is an old valve. The flow through the lines is weak. Someone said that is how gas lines are supposed to be. Someone else said it should have more pressure. Would that cause it to keep turning off the heat?

The unit did survive a flood. Don't know if that could have blown something either. Thanks for your help

Check out some similar questions!

Well water turns off every few minutes [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a problem with water pressure on my home well. It is a standard well. I will try to explain problem. When you turn on water from any outlet it will run for about a minute and then completely turn off for about 10 sec. It then comes back on and repeats the cycle after a few...

Furnace turns on, ignites then turns off. [ 6 Answers ]

Furnace turns on and then it ignites then turns off. I checked to see if the thermosat was bad but it wasn't then I checked the pressure swith assuming that was the problem but it still does the same thing. Does anyone know the answer to this problem?

Hot water in Shower for 2 minutes turns to cold afer. [ 8 Answers ]

We live in a house that is about 30 years old. When we go to take a shower, the water is not hot. It does not even stay lukewarm sometimes. The coil will get hot when you turn on the hot water for a few seconds, then goes cold as if cold water is running through it. What should we do? Using our...

HOT WATER for 3 minutes; then turns COLD [ 4 Answers ]

I live in a condo and have an electric hot water heater. Every time I need to wash clothes or use the dishwasher, the hot water never comes out. However, when I turn the hot water on in the bathroom upstairs in the tub, it will be hot for 2 minutes then turn cold the entire time. The hot water...

Gas Heater Turns and Off every two minutes [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Our Gas Heater turns on and then after a short burst stops. I observed that the Gas flames start and stop every two minutes even though temperature that I set on thermostat has not been reached. Is this normal? Over the long run house heats up to the my require heat but I suspect this...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.