Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trail2blazer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 08:33 PM
    Thermostat wiring
    HI guys, iv'e got a trane xl 80 2 stage gas furnace and trane xe 1100 air condit.the tstat is a trane mod taystat241 . Wired as this-- Y1--yello--W1--white--W2--Blue--G1--green--R--red, The new t-stat is a honewell mod RTH7400. The instr say if my old t-stat had Y1--W1---andW2 --wires to get help! Do I need to research another T-Stat , or can you solve the problem. Thanks again
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2006, 09:08 PM
    I don't have the answers, but maybe I can get some ground work in. Sure glad I have somebody to leave the hard ones for. First, click on H&A/C and read the stickies. The W1 and W2 refer to the 2 heat stages. I have a single stage Robertshaw thermostat connected to a 2 stage Bryant furnace. My furnace can either make up its mind which stage to run, or let a 2 stage thermostat decide. I think my W is connected to the W1, and if the furnace thinks it needs stage 2, it fires it up. Yours may work the same way. You may need to dig that info up yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring New Thermostat [ 0 Answers ]

I'm installing a Honeywell RTH7000 thermostat in a house recently purchased. Not sure of all the technical details and options of HVAC system. It's carrier heatpump 38BYC with a FA4AN air handler (according to the plates), I don't know what options it may or may not have, other than spotting a...

Please Help!-thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I have 5 wires coming out of the wall: blue, yellow, red, white, and green. My thermostat only has 2 wires: red and black. How do I wire them to make my Central Air work?

Wiring the whole thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

Without realizing what I did I removed the old manual thermostat, and paid no attention to the wires locations on the thermostat before doing so .so I'm stuck with two yellows one red one blue one green and a black wire that's not been used ? How do I determine which wire goes where?

Thermostat wiring [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a special thermostat for an electric furnace with A/C/. Don't you Want the blower to come on as soon as the electric heat is energized? In other words the same time.

Thermostat wiring help [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a new thermostat. The old one just controlled heat, and my idiot brother-in-law (who works for trane btw) somehow rigged it to work the heat and air. The wiring for the heat was pretty self explanitory, but the wires to the air are not labeled and I have no idea which is which. Can...

View more questions Search