Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayla1515 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 10:50 PM
    Futa and Suta
    After you know what the suta rate is, is the futa rate always .8%. If not how do you calculate it? I have searched all over in my book and cannot understand what they are trying to tell me.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2009, 04:14 PM
    The FUTA rate is 6.2%. If your state has unemployment and it is paid on time, then you get a set discount of 5.4%, which reduces the FUTA rate to .8%. The discount is the same regardless of what the state rate is. So state could be only 1% or it could be 7%, and the discount remains at 5.4%. So just use that .8% rate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Futa suta [ 2 Answers ]

An employee earned $47,000 during the year working for an employer. The FICA tax for social security (OASDI) is 6.2% and the FICA tax for Medicare is 1.45%. What is the employee’s share of FICA taxes?

Futa suta [ 4 Answers ]

When calculating the FUTA and SUTA is the calcualation for each performed the same way by means of multiplying the dollar amount by the tax rate?

SUTA and FUTA taxes [ 6 Answers ]

In April of the curent year, Freeman Steel Company tranferred Herb Porter from its factory in Tennessee to its plant in South Carolina. The company's SUTA tax rates based on its experience rating are 3,2% in Tennessee and 3.8% in South Carolina. Both States base the tax on the first 7,000 of each...

Futa suta fica taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I am working on a project and I am asked to do payroll for a company and on there they are asking to me to calculate fica futa and suta taxes. They give me two columns on the top and it says unemploy comp and soc sec for taxable earnings and then on the deductions part there is another social...

Futa and suta taxes [ 3 Answers ]

Are businesses taxed at the same rate for SUTA? How does a business SUTA tax affect it's FUTA tax requirement?

View more questions Search