Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammy9999 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 07:58 PM
    Lightening dyed hair tips (tips are almost black)
    Hello, I have medium auburn hair naturally. I dyed my hair a dark auburn but there is a section of my hair where the tips (two inches from root to tip) is almost black. I want to lighten these tips. Would using Peroxide Volume 20 mixed with shampoo do this?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 08:12 PM
    No. You need to realize that peroxide (developer) reacted with the dyes to deposit the color in the hair. There's no way that using peroxide will get it out. You need to use color remover (ColorFix, Color Oops, Color Zap) to remove the color before you can lighten it. You may need to bleach it afterwards. Don't expect color remover to restore your natural color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Helpful tips in mixing your own lightening cream/lotion [ 6 Answers ]

Ok guys, I'm starting this thread to give people who are new to mixing their own lightening products a few tips. These tips can also be used in making any other cosmetics. I've made a lot of cosmetics although I have never made a lightening cream/lotion but the principle is the same.:p If anyone...

Pinwheel jasmine black tips [ 1 Answers ]

I recently planted a 4ft. Pinwheel jasmine bush (purchased from a local nursury). I used 2 bags of their enriched soil planted it outside (south Florida). It gets sunshine and I water it once a day. AT first some leaves were turning yellow and dropping off, but I assumed it was shock. Then I...

Any tips on lightening up hair that has been darkened by semi permanent? [ 4 Answers ]

help I've just had my hair salon coloured 3 days ago from dark blonde/mid brown to dark brown almost black! I look ill I'm way to pale for the colour. Before I left the salon I commented to the colourist that it was darker than I had expected but she insisted it would fade up in no time! I rang...

Tips for dying already dyed red hair brown again. [ 4 Answers ]

My natural hair color is sort of an ashy brown... but I do have some red tint to it. I have been dying my hair red for a few years now and have decided that I would like to dye it brown again, does anyone know the easiest way to get this done WITHOUT going to a stylist? --I did try once before to...

Dyed hair lightening [ 2 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair to a permanent dark brown and now I want to lighten it. How do I do that without bleaching it.

View more questions Search