Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorenloren Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 06:09 PM
    Luxaire sequence amiss
    I have a Luxaire high efficiency circa 1992. I'm not getting a fault code from the control board, but can't figure out why this thing is acting like so. When it calls for heat, the main blower turns on and stays on. The venter motor may or may not kick on. If it doesn't, the hot surface ignitor will not activate and the gas valve won't open. This is an intermittent problem. Sometimes everything happens and cycles several times. When stat is satisfied, evrything shuts off at once. Then the cycle does or doesn't start all over again. If it stops, the main blower remains on indefinitely and will not attempt to refire. I know from prior experience that the ventor motor should kick on first and when stat is satisfied, the blower usually will blow for a few after burners kick off right? Any ideas?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 10:11 PM
    Check circuit board for DIP switches, and/or any evidence of exposure to moisture (green trails). The switch contacts can oxidize over time, and "confuse" the board. If present, make sure they are set correctly according to the service label and/or the installation guide. Try toggling each one a few times to "scrub off" the contacts, but assure you return each to the correct position. If that doesn't work, try bypassing the thermostat (jumper "R" and "W" circuits together) to see if mental health is restored. Aside from that, it sounds like a faulty circuit board.
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Nov 4, 2009, 10:49 AM

The fact that you are not getting any codes may mean this is a power issue to your inducer motor. Perhaps not being trigger from the control board due to bad board, perhaps something in the wiring to the motor, or maybe a dead spot on the motor/bad motor.

If the control board is a White Rodgers go here for troubleshooting guides.

Intermittent problem can be the hardest to diagnose. Let us know what you find and maybe we can give other ideas.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2009, 08:27 PM
    If you call for heat and the inducer motor is not running but the blower is-- with out a code on the furnace. The thermostat is bad -- a bad connection 24volt side, wrong thermostat or wrong thermostat configuration.
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Nov 6, 2009, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Top View Post
    If you call for heat and the inducer motor is not running but the blower is-- with out a code on the furnace. The thermostat is bad -- a bad connection 24volt side, wrong thermostat or wrong thermostat configuration.
    Yes, that is something to check into. The tstat may be erroneously running just the blower and not energizing the furnace. Next time this happens check you G and W terminals at the tstat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Luxaire gas furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have a luxaire gas furnace model number G8T08012UHA11A. The igniter would not ignite so I replaced it with a norton igniter 02532625000 model 271n 0734. Still would not ignite. I can hear the gas come on and you can light it with a match. How can I test to make sure I got a good igniter and...

Luxaire air con [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, We moved into a new house and there was no instruction manual left for the old luxaire heat pump/air conditioner. We can't figure it out- it blows cold air despite being set on 21o, it sometimes runs warm then will drop to 14o and refuse to move, it has 4 remote settings, a sun, a...

Luxaire Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Our furnace at our second home runs the fan but no heat comes out. This does not happen all the time. Can be a problem because we are not here all the time

Old Luxaire condenser fan has gone bad [ 3 Answers ]

'76 Luxaire res unit, model EEC048FAB, sercial 195103002440, with condenser fan motor from Electric Motors and Specialties. Motor mmodel 9-131HU416-01, 1/4/hp, 230V, 1 ph, 60hs, 2.8 amps, 800 rpt, rot ccw, serial p76. Fan motor bearings bad - have been super-lubeing it for yers to keep it going but...

Luxaire furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace cuts in and out far too often and my furnace will cut in and blow nothing but cold air. The red trouble shooting light flashes 8 times meaning "lockout caused by loss of flame" Any ideas why either of these situations happen?:confused: I have put in a new flame sensor as well as a...

View more questions Search