Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wmadigital Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 06:48 PM
    Wedding gift
    If you do not attend the wedding is it okay to spend less money on a gift than if you were to attend the reception? If so, what percentage less would be acceptable?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 6, 2006, 08:47 PM
    No, the gift should be reasonable for your relationship wth the couple.
    Mickey1968 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2010, 11:51 AM
    Gifts should always be because of love.. Free will... what you deem best for both parties... you and couple.. Never feel compelled to give a gift. But also make room to bless a couple when they get married. What Goes around comes around. Give what you can afford. Give cheerfully.. then you will reap reward.. don't let anyone dictate to you what amount you should spend. Just be a blessing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gift certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I revived a gift certificate from my job for $300.00 when I went to use it to pay for the hotels the travel agent took his commission out of my certificate can he do that?

Gift taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, THanks for you great advices and suggestions. I have a question? If your friend gives you some money as gift like around $15,000 Do we need to pay taxes on it? If yes how much tax do we need to pay

Engagement Gift [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. Well one of my very good friends just got engaged recently and I wanted to know if its approprate to get him/her a sort of congratulation gift, or is that a bad idea. Should I just save my money and wait for the wedding? :)

Gift for the nun who has everything... [ 8 Answers ]

I wasn't sure whether to put this topic in etiquette or religion, but I thought in religion people might know more about nuns, so... One of the Sisters who taught at my boarding school had cancer and beat it! I was just invited to a party to celebrate. I was not asked to bring a gift, but this...

View more questions Search