Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wylgwylg Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 12:01 PM
    How can I get over this crush?
    I am a married woman. I like my husband a lot, we get on really well. He is older than me a lot, I start liking the guys around my age. And I have this crush over this guy for over one year, I know it is just a crush, it does not mean anything, but it affects my life quite badly, how can I get over it ?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Nov 3, 2009, 01:45 PM

I would suggest keeping your distance from this crush of yours and try putting more energy into your husband and your relationship - this may help keep you occupied, and in time, forget the crush.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wylgwylg View Post
    I am a married woman. I like my husband a lot, we get on really well. He is older than me a lot, I start liking the guys around my age. And I have this crush over this guy for over one year, I know it is just a crush, it does not mean anything, but it affects my life quite badly, how can I get over it ?
    The first thing I notice, is the fact you said you "like" your husband? What happened to LOVE?

Second, you are married, act like it. There's nothing wrong with LOOKING at other guys, but you are fantasizing. What is the next step? An affair? No, you should make things work with your husband. HE is the guy you married, so behave yourself.

The last thing you want to do is cheat, and that's where things like this usually end.

How old are you two please?

Nov 3, 2009, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    The first thing I notice, is the fact you said you "like" your husband? What happened to LOVE?

Second, you are married, act like it. There's nothing wrong with LOOKING at other guys, but you are fantasizing. What is the next step? An affair? No, you should make things work with your husband. HE is the guy you married, so behave yourself.

The last thing you want to do is cheat, and that's where things like this usually end.

How old are you two please?
    I am 25 and he is older than me more than 20 years. But he is a very nice guy , I have never been that close to someone like him. I love him, maybe not sexually.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 02:56 PM
    <threads merged>
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 03:05 PM

Avoid all unnecessary contact with him. Since he works with you, keep the conversations as short as possible and only work related. If you are really committed to your current marriage, then focus on that marriage.

Once your feelings for this other man has dissapated, you will be in a better position to interact with him without these romantic feelings getting in the way.

If you're not really committed, then your other choice would be to divorce your husband and try to purse a relationship with this other man.

Nov 4, 2009, 01:11 PM
    Should I leave my husband?
    I met my husband when I was 19, we got married while I was 21, now I am 25. He is older than me a lot( more than 20 years old ). I thought age is not a matter, but for the last two years I had a four crushes on guys around my age, at the moment I am still having one crush. I know these are all just physical thing, all these crushes do not really mean anything, but...

We are very close , he knows all my crushes, and he says he understands, and he does not mind me having sexual relationships with other guys as long as I am not in love with them. I tried sexual relationship with a guy once , but I do not like it that much, I know that is not what I really want.

I left my husband once for a few days , but I came back , I missed him a lot , and I hate being on my own , I never ever live on my own before...

What should I do ? Pleae??
    mumtosix Posts: 42, Reputation: 6

Nov 4, 2009, 01:22 PM

I think you have a few problems here -
    Firstly you have been with your husband for 6 years yet 4 of these years you have had "crushes" on other men. So only 2 years out of 6 have you ever given your marriage a full 100%.

Your husband does not mind you having sexual encounters with other men? I am sure deep down he will mind?

You left your husband but you missed him?

Is the reason that you no longer want to be with your husband but are scared to be alone or is that your husband is that scared of losing you he is going to turn a blind eye if you see another man?

I think you need to really take a look at your marriage as you have many problems that need to be addressed.

Either you want to be with your husband and this includes being faithful ! Or not and you should leave !
    TheCompromiser Posts: 77, Reputation: 17

Nov 4, 2009, 01:29 PM

Sometimes, you need to ask yourself, what do you want to do in life? It's never too late to go to school.. even vocational training. Don't be stuck at home when you're feeling like you're missing something. It doesn't sound like you and your husband have an issues with abuse, and he sounds pretty resonable. Start doing some research on some careers that interest you. Like, beauty school, cousiling, graphic design, massage therapist, accounting! Everything is out there, and these programs are really short, like 8 months. This will get you out in the world, and make you independent and selfsufficient! You have to have control in you're life and a career does that best. Then, when you're on your feet you won't have to worry about being forced into staying with anyone! You'll be doning what you love, and you won't have to rely on anyone.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2009, 07:01 PM
    I don't know if your situation is sustainable. You got married very young, to someone that is considerably older because you don't want to be alone. He sounds like a pseudo father, not like a husband.

If you're attracted to other guys, it's because something is lacking in your marriage - it's all very well for your husband to say you can can have sex with other guys, but this won't work over the long term.

Yes, it's safe to be with him at the moment - he provides you with company and tacit approval of your crushes. But, this isn't a committed marriage and eventually you'll both be hurt.

Either make a commitment to really being with your husband, or leave. It isn't working the way you're doing it at the moment!

Nov 5, 2009, 11:43 AM
    Thanks you very much :)

I am so glad I found this website...

Nov 14, 2009, 03:18 PM
    What is love?
    My husband is my best friend, we get on very well.
    But we want different things. He wants travel around, I wants settle down in one place , have a family. And I have lost all the sexual attraction towards him,( we have a huge age gap) Do I love him??
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2009, 03:24 PM

No one could answer that for you.

How long have you two been married/together?

Have you sought counselling?

Sarah
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 14, 2009, 03:29 PM
    This should have been added to your current thread to help keep your story straight. They probably will be merged.

As mudweiser said, only you know how you feel. We can tell you what we think love is which will be as varied as the number of posters on this site.

Let's start with what do you think love is?

Nov 14, 2009, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    No one could answer that for you.

How long have you two been married/together?

Have you sought counselling?

Sarah
    We have been together for six years.
    No, we have not been counselling.

Nov 14, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    This should have been added to your current thread to help keep your story straight. They probably will be merged.

As mudweiser said, only you know how you feel. We can tell you what we think love is which will be as varied as the number of posters on this site.

Let's start with what do you think love is?
    Sorry,I don't know.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2009, 03:48 PM

Now that I've seen the whole picture I'm going to be blunt.

Yes I do think you should leave your husband.

You were 19, still young! Of course you've had 4 crushes, cripes, being married that young really fires back at you later. Some may disagree but hey that's my opinion.

You don't even know how it is to be on your own and that's no good. Trust me I was in your position a while back, if look through my threads you'll dig up some pretty raunchy stuff.

You NEED to know what it is like to me alone. I personally don't think you love him. I think you "need him". He is more of a crutch than a person you love.

An open marriage [him letting you sex it up with other men] are for strong couples. I think he said that so he wouldn't "lose" you. Ironically, he's already lost you. You were 19 at the time, I'm sure he sensed the day you would wake up.

Moving out and living on your own ain't easy, but I believe you need that lesson in your life in order to grow. You haven't grown, you've been stuck for a while now.

So my opinion is to leave the relationship.

I'm expecting some reddies but this is just my opinion.

Sarah
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 14, 2009, 04:04 PM
    While I do believe that a person can get married at 19 and work with his/her mate to build a great relationship, I don't think you and your husband are heading in the same direction.

You ask about love, but have no idea of what you think love is. That is a red flag.

Can you answer this question: Why did you marry him?

Nov 14, 2009, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    Now that I've seen the whole picture I'm going to be blunt.

Yes I do think you should leave your husband.

You were 19, still young! Of course you've had 4 crushes, cripes, being married that young really fires back at you later. Some may disagree but hey that's my opinion.

You don't even know how it is to be on your own and that's no good. Trust me I was in your position a while back, if look through my threads you'll dig up some pretty raunchy stuff.

You NEED to know what it is like to me alone. I personally don't think you love him. I think you "need him". He is more of a crutch than a person you love.

An open marriage [him letting you sex it up with other men] are for strong couples. I think he said that so he wouldn't "lose" you. Ironicly, he's already lost you. You were 19 at the time, I'm sure he sensed the day you would wake up.

Moving out and living on your own ain't easy, but I believe you need that lesson in your life in order to grow. You haven't grown, you've been stuck for a while now.

So my opinion is to leave the relationship.

I'm expecting some reddies but this is just my opinion.

Sarah
    I don't love him??

Nov 14, 2009, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    While I do believe that a person can get married at 19 and work with his/her mate to build a great relationship, I don't think you and your husband are heading in the same direction.

You ask about love, but have no idea of what you think love is. That is a red flag.

Can you answer this question: Why did you marry him?
    He is a really nice guy, and he understands me, I have never been that close to a man like that. I feel really comfortable around him, other guys just make me really nervous.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you know if it's a crush? [ 5 Answers ]

I have this friend, who I served with in AmeriCorps, a national service program, and we were close in proximity off-and-on between September 2005 and July 2006. Both of us were involved in a travel experience which took us to different parts of the country, helping individuals, families and...

How do you get over a crush? [ 9 Answers ]

Well last school year I started getting a crush on this guy. We talked a tid bit but I always got so nervous I backed out of conversations with him with really simple responses. I thought that having a summer vacation would give me more than enough time to get over him. But now that the new school...

The crush [ 2 Answers ]

Hey people what up I got a question I'm in 7th grade and I like an 8th grader so one of my 8th grade friends tells me that the boy I like, likes me back a lot but he will be going to hs in 2010 and he is not going to a private hs and my...

I have a crush on someone [ 7 Answers ]

I have a crush on someone, and need to Know if he feels the same? Thanks,

Is This A Crush? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok sO here it gO.I met this boy on myspace and we sort of kind of talked over myspace.we talked about mostly everything but US! Ok.sO he gos to ma sister skoOl rite.and ma sis was having this party.she invited him for me.I met him for once.we wasn't talking that much because I was shy*.so den he...

View more questions Search