Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dumbya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 01:53 AM
    Pressure relief valve
    I installed a Titan tankless water heater. But when I turn on the show, all the water seems to go out the pressure relief valve.

Can I just plug it up?:mad:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 08:35 AM

No, don't plug it up it may be doing its job. Make sure the small handle on the valve is perpendicular to the valve head. Shut off your heater and try tapping some water. If the valve dumps more water replace it. It should only open under high pressure or heat and with the unit off there should be no heat. Have you tested your water pressure inside? It should only open if it sense 150 psi or 210 degrees.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad pressure relief valve [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, all, I'm a first-time homeowner, so please forgive my ignorance! We have a Valiant oil boiler for our heat, which, being late July in the Philadelphia area, hasn't been running since around April. The other day, we noticed some dampness on the concrete floor around the boiler and where...

Pressure relief valve [ 2 Answers ]

I accidentally hit the valve release with my arm. No it won't stop dripping. I did not open it to where I had to close the valve. How can I get it to stop?

Temperature Pressure Relief Valve [ 7 Answers ]

I am a new homeowner and need to manually operate the temperature-pressure relief valve on my water heater. How long do I open the valve for? Will water come out of the pipe? I'm new to this. Thank you, Helen

Extending pressure relief valve [ 2 Answers ]

We are selling our house and the buyers did the home inspection. We have been told that the extending pressure relief valve to exterior of garage has a slight leak from pressure relief valve. What is that and how much might that run me in Columbia S.C. to fix? jamieo29

Pressure relief valve [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I have a State Select brand water heater (40 gallon) which is about 4-5 years old. It recently has begun to leak from the pressure relief valve, and is leaking a lot:( , especially after taking a shower... Is this a simple fix of replacing the valve or something more serious? Any and all...

View more questions Search