Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 01:08 AM
    Interviewing for a management position at my current job
    Hi there,

So, I have an interview tomorrow morning for a supervisor position at work. I'm a caregiver, and I'd be supervising 4 other people. I've been employed with this company for 4 months, but as a caregiver for 2 years.

Can people help me prepare for the interview? I've never interviewed for a management position before..
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 09:18 AM

There is usually a few people on an interview panel, there is also usually a check list...

Know your subject and your c.v very well,be prepared to answer any question on your c.v plus an explanation on any time breaks on your c.v.

Prepare for questions such as...

1.why do you think you're the best person for the job?

2. what kind of management style do you have?

3. what experience do you have in management?

4. health and safety regulations.

5. your strongest/weakest points...

Always turn a negative into a positive.

6. smile and be aware of your body language.

7. don't fidget,try not to cross your legs and keep your hands folded on your lap ( makes you more aware of them)

8. try and remaember names of the panel.

9. when answering a question look at everyone.

10.breathe... speak slowly.. take your time to consider each question.

Best of luck!
    Vision Expert

Nov 4, 2009, 12:50 AM

Cv?

It was only one person interviewing me. The program director. It went well, but there was someone with more managerial experience that got the job.

But now they know that I am interested for when another position opens or if this person fails miserably.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 4, 2009, 12:52 AM
    CV = Curriculum Vitae

Pretty much the same thing as a resume... but you already knew that because you searched Google, right?
    Vision Expert

Nov 4, 2009, 12:56 AM

I did, yes. She didn't even have my resume there. I'm sure she referred back to it at some point, but she didn't have it on the desk during the interview.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Management position [ 1 Answers ]

1.demonstrate involvement in shaping managerial decisions that affect events beyond standard operational activities. 2. what is your experience with regard to showing reponsibility for meeting financial targets that rely on the efforts of more than one person

Should I accept a management position? [ 1 Answers ]

I work in the newsroom of a major newspaper in NYC. Last month my manager decided to quit the company. Since I amongst my colleagues am the one with the most experience, I was predictably offered the position. While I am in all modesty a top performer at my job; very dependable and willing to get...

Blower would not work on AUTO position just ON position [ 9 Answers ]

I have installed new rooftop unit- electrical heating & cooling- few weeks ago. When I run the cooling everything goes fine (blower and composer) but if I run the heating; heat element will fire up but the blower will not work unless I put the fan on ON position not AUTO position, so, please, I...

My current position! [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, it has been over a week since I last talked to my ex. Long story short, she broke it off after 2 years and being engaged because (1 of many reasons) initially she was not happy. We have been through a lot these last few months with issues with her mom. Her mom does not like me her reason is "...

Moving the toilet 5" from it current position [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling my bathroom , trying to add space by moving my toilet about 5" over bringing it closer to the exterior wall. Problem, old house, cast iron pipe and lead pipe. the exist iron pipe coming from the wall is facing diagonally with, what I think is brass connecting to the lead pipe, the...

View more questions Search