Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ifedchik18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 08:16 PM
    Traveling outside the us with a green card renewal application receipt
    If I have my receipt stating that my green card renewal application is in progress, can I still travel ouside the U.S?
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Nov 3, 2009, 06:47 AM

Yes, as you are a permanent resident until it is revoked or relinquished. I would travel with that and other evidence of your ties to the US. Have you been outside the US for more than 6 months?
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Nov 3, 2009, 06:48 AM
    And if you anticipate extended travel outside the US, apply for a re-entry permit while you are physically present in the US. Remember, you must be here for the biometrics as well, usually 30-45 days after filing. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green Card Restrictions on Traveling Outside of US [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I understand that I can stay outside of the US for 6months or less without having to notify the government (fill out re-entry form.) Now, is there a requirement as to how long you have to stay in the US after you return (after being away for 6months or less) before you leave again? ...

Travel outside US H1 Extension Receipt notice (NOT green card) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have applied for my H1 Extension. I have not got receipt notice yet. Can I travel outside US for a period of 3 weeks and re-enter US while I haven't yet got the receipt notice for Extension?

Renewal green card [ 2 Answers ]

I have been married for 20 years. I would like to know does my husband have to renew his greed card. He has been here for 38 years, but I have never seen or heard him renew his card. Now should he do it now or do I get to report him?

View more questions Search