Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    piscescree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 07:39 PM
    DLink 2310 G Router Password Reset!
    Hi, I have a rangebooster 2310 G router, which I purchased about 6 months ago from the Source. WHen I bought it, it must have been a return, because it came with a slip of paper with a network key and password written on it.

I have since lost the slip of paper (of course!) and tried to do a password reset, but CAN NOT open the www.192.168.0.1 webpage (it just zaps me back to Google results!) I have wireless service but can not configure my network or create a password for it!

Please help me; I don't really feel like sharing my wireless with the whole condo complex!

Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Sheldon :confused:
    Xapafe Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Jan 15, 2010, 03:14 PM

>EDIT<
    I just noticed something from your post.
    Don't include the www. When typing in 192.168.0.1!
    Try that without www. And if it still going to your Google then follow my steps below. :)

Ok try this.

If you are running windows go to Start then hit run. (or if you are in Vista or Windows 7 type this into the search bar at the bottom of the start menu)
    Then type in cmd.
    Hit enter and a black box should appear.

Ok now type in

Ipconfig

Hit enter and it should give you some numbers.

The number next to default gateway is your local router ip

IF the default gateway is 192.168.0.1 then something is wrong. But because it doesn't take you to your Dlink settings page I assume the IP is different.

Try this and get back to me! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DLink DI524 UP router password / username removal [ 5 Answers ]

How do I remove my ISP username and password entered at installation time of DLink router : DI524UP. Reason for removal: the ISP has advised username and password in router is no longer required as router was stopping my ability to connect to the internet due to a change in the ISP operating...

Dlink password [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get the password for my dlink router?

Reset router and . [ 5 Answers ]

Last night we reset our router as we couldn't get set up for the internet on our new laptop and a friend advised us to reset. Hmmmm, now we cannot access our secure network - but we can get the 'net' on the laptop! It doesn't help that we have forgotten the password we originally set up...

Password reset [ 1 Answers ]

HI- I was given a newer Toshiba with centrino duo processor and Windows 2005 media edition and need to know how to override the password in the windows welcome screen. Can anyone help? Thank you

Problem with Dlink DSL-500 router [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I've stopped DHCP and DNS on the win2k3 server and made the router works as DHCP and DNS ( ADSL router Dlink DSL-500 ). Problem is when I try to setup a new computer to be a member of the domain it just fails giving an error that it can't resolve the name, while from the same...

View more questions Search