Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bsanchez13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 02:47 PM
    Paternity
    Are there chances that a judge will not oder you to have a paternity test taken? If so, on what grounds.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 6, 2006, 07:06 PM
    Need more details please.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 6, 2006, 08:46 PM
    If there is reasonable belief that the person could be the father, yes the judge will order it.
    bsanchez13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 10:03 PM
    I was legally married( but separeted) when I got pregnant but the guy I had an affair with and living with at the time says its his baby but I know that its not because I was always trying to work things out with my husband (even while living with the other guy). The other guy got tired of all the drama and finally left me, so I had my baby(the other guy had nothing to do with me, never bought the baby anything was not there when I had the baby.) the other guy just served me with papers wanting a paternity test and he is asking for legal custody and visitations and wants me to change my sons name to his last name ( I listed my husband as the father and of coarse our son has our last name) I don't want anything to do with the other guy and I never asked him for anything. So I was hoping that I don't have to give paternity test so I can go on with my life HELP!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 7, 2006, 06:34 AM
    Most states automatically assume the father is your legal husband without a test, but if there is a question then the court can be petitioned and order a test. If your boyfriend is the father he can invoke his rights if he wants to so, I know you don't want to hear it but the law is on his side in regards to his rights.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2006, 10:03 AM
    The court will side with your boyfriend on the paternity testing if he petitions the court. You and your husband can present your side but do not count on your side being the overriding side in this. Wouldn't you really want to know anyway on this paternity or do you like having it hang over your head like a storm cloud waiting to burst? Get it over with and go on with life. If the boyfriend is the biological father, you will have to make the adjustments. Myabe he is just doing this to be the thorn in the side. Maybe he really has paternal feelings. Who knows? However it turns out, keep the best positive attitude and do not - do not - let this mess spill over to the child's life in a negative way. Best of luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Adult paternity rights [ 8 Answers ]

What rights does an adult have to leagally force the issue of establishing paternity? The father listed on the birth certificate it incorrect. If the adult child has no rights can a grandchild or great-grandchild force the issue, even if only for medical and corrected document reasons?

Legal rights/paternity [ 4 Answers ]

I found out I have a two y/o son recently. Mother says she got pregnant purposely to have sibling for older brother. She agreed to let me see him which I have regularly since I found out. I also established paternity through a blood test. Problem is, I want to see child more than mother wants me...

Paternity Issue [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I found out I was pregnant on February 16th and I am wondering who the father of my baby is. My last period was January 17th. I had sex with the man I hope is the father on both the night of January 24th and the morning of January 25th both unprotected. I also happened to have sex with another...

Paternity Test. [ 7 Answers ]

What happends if after 6 1/2 years my child is not mine?:confused:

View more questions Search