Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    accardo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 02:36 PM
    Shih-Tzu Throwing Up Often
    My Three Year old Shih-Tzu seems to be throwing up a yellow saliva like substance every other day.

We keep him on a good lean diet, with limited treats. Anyone have an idea what may be the cause of this?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2006, 05:04 PM
    Likely the vet will have to figure this one out and fix it. Is there any chance he is managing to supplement his diet behind your back? Not as likely for him as my 3 month old Lab. I just caught myself leaving the fence to garden open and her in there eating corn stalks. Even foraging usually shows more evidence than you describe.
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Nov 6, 2006, 05:10 PM
    Yellow froth like is most commonly acid in tummy. What has he been eatting? Does he currently take any medications? And is/has there been any stress?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Potty train for my shih tzu [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got a 8 weeks old shih tzu. I work long hours so I plan to potty train him indoor. I use newspaper in the crate and he pees on it, but when I let him out, he won't do it but instead he pees on the carpet. Sometimes when I caught him when he need to go, so I put him on the paper he just...

My shih-tzu [ 2 Answers ]

My shih-tzu is about 10 years old. Recently I was dog sitting my son's beagle. My dog mated once with another shih-tzu. She got pregnant and ennded up needing a c-section. She had 2 puppies who both had breathing problems and she would not care for them. We did our best but both ended up dying....

Grooming question about our 8 week old Lhasa Apso / Shih Tzu [ 1 Answers ]

I have a grooming questions about our 8 week old Lhasa Apso / Shih Tzu? He is pretty fuzzy. How often in general should he be groomed? Also, I heard from several people about how his rear end should be groomed. Some people said to make sure that he doesn't have a lot of hair around his butt,...

Shih tzu ate chicken bones hheeelllllllllllpppppppppp [ 2 Answers ]

Ok my little shih tzu of nearly 10 months likes to dig through the bin. Anyway two nights ago he pulled out the bag full of cooked chicken wing bones and ate them. I didn't know until he was sick. This morning when I woke up in the kitchen there was sick everywhere and it was all just chopped up...

Dog throwing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 7 year old female sheltie, she has been throwing up evreything that she eats and Drinks. If she eats something she will throw it up. And samething with water sometimes and it scares me. And when she does it she gags right before. It's a orange yellow looking color! She has been doing...

View more questions Search