Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenn10570 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 12:15 PM
    Deportation of someone in the US
    Who do you call to have someone that is in the United States illegally?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 1, 2009, 03:14 PM
    1-866-dhs-2-ice
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Nov 1, 2009, 05:40 PM

Mods, how about a sticky for this question. Must be the single most asked immigration question.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2009, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DCcityboy View Post
    Mods, how about a sticky for this question. must be the single most asked immigration question.
    Hello:

I'd agree, as long as it included my admonition that it isn't nice to snitch on people.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 1, 2009, 06:11 PM

Ok, first I , like excon, have to ask, what did this person do to you, that now you want to turn them in.

To be honest if the government really wanted to deport people, they merely have to show up at any HOME DEPO parkng lot and all well known gas stations in every major city on any given morning. I know where at least 200 are each morning off a major street in Atlanta.

So normally unless they are doing something illegal ( and even here in Atlanta if they are arrested for minor crimes they are still not deported)

But you call the Federal ( US) department of immigration and give them all the details, but honestly don't expect a lot to happen
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2009, 06:35 PM

Hello again:

Good one, Padre:

Let me state for the record, that I am not against snitching, per se. If someone is robbing you, call the cops. If someone is beating you up, call the cops. If someone touched your children, call the cops..

But, simply BEING an illegal alien, is totally victimless, as far as I'm concerned, and the only reason why someone would want to snitch on them is in retaliation, most likely for some domestic dispute...

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 1, 2009, 06:42 PM

Yes, but don't turn my lawn mower, my gardner and my house keeper in. I may have to actually work if they turned all of them in.

I can not like illegal immigration, but the US really does not care or they would have just stopped it. We have the resourses to stop all ( most ) illegals coming into the US, Try to go from North Korea to South Korea if you don't think we can secure a border.

And we should deal with all the illegals that break our laws here.

But first there is really no way to actually get rid of them at this point, and we allowed them here anyway..

So the question should be what we are going to do about securing the border, and so far the answer is no one really cares
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Nov 2, 2009, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

I'd agree, as long as it included my admonition that it isn't nice to snitch on people.

excon
    Very good points, from you and Fr_Chuck. :)
    mike_stacey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2009, 12:37 PM

My wife has been a permanent resident since 2003. While we were homeless we were arrested for "stealing trash" or dumpster diving as it is commonly referred to. We were actually sentenced to prison and as she was about to be released I.C.E. swooped in and arrested her she now is facing deportation proceedings. What can we do? Does anyone know where we can get free legal help here I Arizona. She is a German citizen, we have a child together , and I have advanxced parkinsons disease. Since our son is in foster care and due to my health issues the state is trying to keep our child. We desperately need help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deportation Lists [ 1 Answers ]

Are there lists available of names of people who were deported from Canada?

Deportation from usa [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was deported from the usa to jamaica over ten years ago, when will be able to return to the usa and how do we go about doing this, all his family live there, even for a visit is this allowed, what other countries is he allowed to live in, I am in the uk

Deportation [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if a person was deported out of the states for ten years. But comes back illegal to the states after his ten years are up. Can he still get jail and if so for how long. Or can he still fight it ?

Possible deportation [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, in 2006 my 7 year old daughter was put in the state care, due to me not being from here and I could not work here, I traveled back and forth to my country to work. Now after 2 years we have finally been reunited, but she is still in the system and the worst part is she is autistic and I do not...

View more questions Search