Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uiu2009 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2009, 08:31 PM
    Furnace not working properly
    I have a Goodman furnace, model #GMH80703ANAB, it is about 2 years old. It tries to turn on, but then stops. Occasionally it will turn on and begin to ignite the electric ignition, but then will turn off before blowing out any heat. To my knowledge there hasn't been any water damage to it. I have checked the fuse and it is OK. Please help if you can. Thank you.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 08:34 PM

Does it vent with metal or plastic pipe? Is the vent motor running??
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 08:35 PM
    It should have a blinking light on the control board telling you what's wrong. Lower door on the furnace small glass window count the blinks.
    uiu2009 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2009, 01:34 PM
    To answer joshdta's reply, it has metal piping. As for the vent motor, I'm not sure. There are usually two sounds I hear when it's working. The first is the fan which will start and then stop. The blower is the second, and it doesn't get to that stage.

To answer T-Top's reply, there is a red light that turns on just before the fan kicks on and then goes out just as the fan turns off.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 1, 2009, 01:44 PM
    Here is a manual for your unit. Page 28 has a trouble shoot diagram.

Just for the heck of it jump the R or RH terminal to the W terminal in the furnace. This will lock on a call for heat and eliminate and thermostat or low voltage wiring problems. Just turn off power before you jump the connection then use the on off switch for the furnace to activate it.

Here is manual.

http://www.alpinehomeair.com/related...ll%20Inst..pdf
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2009, 04:53 PM

Should like a pressure switch problem.

http://americanhvacparts.com/Merchan...S1005576AB.jpg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace not working properly [ 3 Answers ]

LP furnace in a mobile home. Was working fine until power outage 2 days ago. Plenty of fuel in tank(about 100 gallons) Got up the next day and house was cold. Turned thermostat off then back on and heat came on. Came in from work that night and furnace wasn't working. Will start to work, fan...

Central air not working properly. [ 1 Answers ]

My central air is running in the house, blowing a little cold but noticed the unit outside is not running. Is that a big problem?

Central AC not working properly [ 5 Answers ]

My central ac works for a 1 or 2 hours then fan on the exterior unit stops turning (motor still running) and shortly after hot air comes out of the vents. I will then shut it off, by turning off the thermostat for about 2 hours and it will work again for about 1 to 2 hours. Unfortunately for me,...

Address bar not working properly [ 2 Answers ]

I am running windows XP and I have the address bar sitting underneath my start bar. It has been working perfectly until just recently. Now when I type in "cmd" it tries to open up the webpage "http://cmd/" rather than just opening up the command prompt window. I don't know why it has started...

View more questions Search