Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondebimbo_x Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 09:34 AM
    probability - this is a hard one
    A four character computer password is generated by choosinf from 26 letters(a,b,. z) and ten digits(0,1,. 9). No password can contain only digits and no password can consist of the same character repeated four times.how many valid passwords are there?
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Nov 6, 2006, 09:53 PM
    How many total combinations of letters and digits are there? How many digit-only combinations are there? How many passwords are there that are one character repeated 4 times? Is there any overlap between these groups? Are there any other groups that need to be taken into consideration?

We'll help with your homework, but we won't do it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

Probability [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem: if z=x+y then f(z)=? (f(x,y):is given) please help me

Probability [ 1 Answers ]

A contest consists of finding all of the code words that can be formed from the letters in the name "ATARI". Assume that the letter A can be used twice, but the others at most once. a. How many five-letter words can be formed? b. How many two-letter words can be formed? c. How many words...

Probability [ 2 Answers ]

License plate numbers consist of two letters followed by a four-digit number, such as SB7893 or AY1042. How many different plates are possible if letters can be repeated but digits cannot, and the four-digit number must be greater than 5500. The answer to this question is 1,514,240. ...

View more questions Search