Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Oct 31, 2009, 02:47 PM
    Golf Acronym
    An older man that I know said that golf used to mean "gentlemen only, ladies forbidden". Does anyone know if that is true or just a joke?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2009, 02:50 PM
    That's an urban legend.
    Is Golf an Acronym for Gentleman Only, Ladies Forbidden?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 31, 2009, 02:51 PM
    This might help, certainly a good read: snopes.com: Golf: Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Use of acronym in outside party's advertising; is it legal? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a law against using the acronym for an organization or an event in an outside party's advertising? Does enclosing the acronym in quotation marks, or other punctuation, permit an outside party to use the acronym in advertising? Example: Organization Event: North American Prospect Expo....

Windows Acronym of [ 2 Answers ]

I just heard from someone that Microsoft Windows stands for Micro = Small Soft = Software Windows = Wireless Installation of Netless Data on Whole System Is it true, please get back to me with your feedback CHEERS, Ramish Bigzadah

VW Golf [ 3 Answers ]

We have a VW Golf Estate 1800 turbo 20 valve, manufactured in 2001. When the car goes over 40,000 revs it starts to cough, splutter and judders. The timing seems wrong somehow. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Punctuation following acronym at end of sentence [ 1 Answers ]

When you end a sentence with "a.m." do you put two periods after the a.m. If it were a different punctuation mark I would (see previous), but it looks silly to write a.m.. Thanks!

Golf Gun [ 1 Answers ]

Two Mexican detectives were investigating the murder of Juan Gonzalez. "How was he killed?", asked the first detective. "He was shot with a golf gun," replied the other. "A golf gun? What's a golf gun?" "I don't know, but it sure made a hole in Juan." :D :)

View more questions Search