Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 10:43 AM
    Safe teeth whitening?
    I got this teeth whitening thing in the mail for free. Normally I don't do any teeth whitening stuff, except for the toothpaste that says it whitens. I was wondering if the at home whitening things are safe. I figure since I have it, might as well try it. It says it's 12% hydrogen peroxide. The full list of ingredients is propylene glycol usp, glycerin usp, hydrogen peroxide usp, carbomer, triethanolamine, flavoring. Any ideas or advice on this?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 31, 2009, 10:59 AM

Unless you don't recognize the name as being well known, I wouldn't use it. Who is the manufacturer, i.e. Colgate, etc.

Tick
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 11:28 AM

I don't remember. I think it was dazzle bright? Or something like that.
    Expert

Oct 31, 2009, 11:33 AM

Hi again, just, there is a RipOffReport on Google about them, so I would toss it.

Tick
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 12:14 PM

Yeah. You're probably right. Better safe than sorry.
    Expert

Oct 31, 2009, 12:22 PM

There are some really good legitimate systems from the drug stores. They cost, but are good. All the major toothpaste companies put them out. I am not into that either and prefer my regular cleanings at the hygienist and toothpaste with baking soda, or I add baking soda myself.

Have a good day !

Tick
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 05:59 PM
    12% hydrogen peroxide isn't going to whiten much. In the take home kits from the dentist you usually get 16-20% hydrogen peroxide. I agree with tick... toss it!
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 11:33 PM

Already tossed it. :)

I don't think my teeth are really all that yellow. I like the baking soda toothpaste too. My dentist's office keeps trying to push me towards bleaching. But I don't feel like I need it all that badly.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2009, 07:01 AM
    Only whiten your teeth if the colour bothers YOU. NEVER let your dental professional talk you in to it!
    Expert

Nov 1, 2009, 07:25 AM

The thing is, we all have our own natural colour and I don't think anyone has naturally white white teeth. There is a colour chart to match your colour when implants, bridges, etc. aare made to order.

And just for general knowledge, if you have bridges there will be no significant change in the colour of your bridges, although your natural teeth will whiten.

Tick
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2009, 03:39 PM

Yeah. I think I'll hold off on the whitening. Until I ever feel I need it. If I ever do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teeth whitening [ 2 Answers ]

I have come across a formula for whitening teeth. It is mixing hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Though I have braces so I'm woundering if it will have any negative affects?

Teeth whitening [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 17 years old, and I recently noticed in a photo that I had done a while back with my friends that my teeth were a yellowy shade compared to my friends teeth, ever since I've become really paranoid about my teeth and I want them whitened. So I went to see my dentist as I new he did teeth...

Teeth whitening [ 2 Answers ]

What is in teeth whinting products that make your teeth white?

Teeth Whitening? [ 3 Answers ]

Umm hi:) , I just wanted to know what is the best way to lighten or whiten your teeth? Is it just brushing them because I do brush them but well, used to I only brushd in the morning but the chick told me I just needed to brush to a day to fix that.Just tell me what you think.:)

Whitening Teeth [ 2 Answers ]

:) Is whitening teeth the best idea? I want to whiten my teeth but am not sure how.So I really need yalls advice and stories.Should I get a job (like at a office) done? Or should I use white strips? PleeezHelp!

View more questions Search