Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alvigo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 07:46 AM
    Carrier 58ssb gas furnace problem
    My furnace will not keep running. After approx 10 minutes of normal burning, the burners flame out and then re-ignite over and over again (about 1 second on/ 1 second off) and the gas valve can be heard clicking on and off. If the furnace is allowed to cool and turned back on the process repeats itself.

I checked the chimney for blockage. I replace the thermostat and tried by-passing the limit switch. None of these resolved the problem.

The furnace is a Carrier 58SSB; installed in 1986.

Nov 8, 2006, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alvigo
    My furnace will not keep running. After approx 10 minutes of normal burning, the burners flame out and then re-ignite over and over again (about 1 second on/ 1 second off) and the gas valve can be heard clicking on and off. If the furnace is allowed to cool and turned back on the process repeats itself.

I checked the chimney for blockage. I replace the thermostat and tried by-passing the limit switch. None of these resolved the problem.

The furnace is a Carrier 58SSB; installed in 1986.
    The furnace is back in operation. The Service Rep did a bang-up job of diagnosing the problem and replaced the "pilot ignition module".

Nov 8, 2006, 01:42 PM
    The furnace is back in operation. The Service Rep did a bang-up job of diagnosing the problem and replaced the "pilot ignition module".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane Gas Furnace Problem [ 13 Answers ]

I recently experienced a problem with my heat. I have a programmable thermostat and noticed that the heat wasn't on when it was suppose to be. The temperature was set to 75 but the temperature in the room was only 68. I canceled the program and manually set the temperature again to 75. The heat...

Carrier Gas Furnace [ 9 Answers ]

My Carrier 58SS gas furnace starts up and lights up the burners and operates normally for 2 minutes, then the burners shut down but the igniter and pilot light continue indicating the thermostat is requesting the furnace to heat up the house. I changed thermostats to see if that was the problem...

No heat, blower runs constantly, carrier gas furnace [ 7 Answers ]

This am we I got up the blower on my carrier series 100 gas furnace (approx 10 years old)was running and blowing out cold air. Even with the thermostat turned to off the blower runs constantly. The only way to stop the blower from running is to turn the switch on the side of the furnace to off or...

Carrier Natural Gas [ 4 Answers ]

I have a carrier central natural gas heater model 28rds030000 we have heat, but it won't shut off, I replaced the thermostat and it still does the same thing. Can anyone help me locate this problem? Marc (DELAWARE)

View more questions Search