Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2006, 01:21 PM
    That would be fun - my B-day is Decemeber 15.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2006, 07:34 AM
    latest update... Went to Petes on Friday for a meal. He and I had a wonderful time together, chatting about everything... almost like we were getting to know oneanother again. We had such a good time that he moved his legs for me to sit next to him on the sofa. We ended up falling alseep and drifted in and out of sleep for ages. Eventually he starting just lightly ticking my leg, so after a while I did the same to him and eventually he grabbed my hand and tickled my hand so I did the same to him after a while. Soon after he grabbed my other hand. We were opposite ends of the sofa facing each other whilst lead down holding hands drifting in and out of sleep. Every so often he made a little sound like he used to which always meant he was content and happy. He also made a point of saying how relaxed he felt and how much he was just enjoying what we were doing. 5.30am came and the sofa became so uncomfortable that bed was on the agenda. I thanked him for a great evening and went home and he went to bed.

... I did not contact Pete all day the following day and after, the evening approached and I had an invite from a mutual friend to go out with a bunch of them including Pete. Pete spent the entire evening playing musical chairs whenever he was not sat next to me, so that he could sit next to me. And spent the entire evening talking to me (the others may well have been at home) the way we were chatting & laughing!! - he said he would fix my car for me, I could always borrow his car if I needed to - said he would put the final touches to the stero he fitted for me (as he never finished it) eventually I got pretty tired, so told him I was heading home. And he stayed out. To my amazment when I got home I had a text come through from Pete asking me 'Did you get home OK?' and that he was on his way home - then he proceeded to text me for the next hour about random things like he did when we first started dating. He then wished me sweet dreams as he went to bed and I went to bed.. all opinions welcome once again :)
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2006, 08:01 AM
    Hi there,

Not entered this thread yet but have been reading now and I personally think you have done the right thing by giving him space and putting no pressure on him.

I also think there is a definite spark happening again between the two of you and possibly a good chance you will be back together as a family.

I think he wants to be a dad to his child and also I believe from what you say in your posts that he still has strong feelings for you as well and I think you also feel the same.

Just go with it, does not seem like you need much guidance, it all seems to be happening regardless.

I wish you both well and hope that this transpires with a happy ending which I am sure it will!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 12, 2006, 08:48 AM
    Maybe you can restrain yourself from jumping for joy but I can't -Whooooopeee! There got it out for you. Your thread is a good example of what can be done in a healthy environment and with a cool logical attitude, and I hope you don't mind if I refer others to your thread as an example of doing it right. I am so happy for you, as you continue down your path, you deserve the happiness. Thanks always for sharing.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2006, 11:15 AM
    Thanks Talaniman - but we still have some way to go. He text nme tonight asking me if I was home and if I was he would have a quick look at my car for me - he came round had a look - we had a chat and then he went home. I kicked myself afterwards wondering whether I should have offered him a cuppa and wondering perhaps if that's what he was expecting me to do... so I am still on dosgy ground at the moment but just feel it is better to leave him to itnitiate everything that way I cannot get it wrong.

I am more than happy for you to refer this thread to others as if there is one thing I know and can preach to others for sure is that 'patience is everything' when you really want something! I have waited nearly 7months and I might just be lucky enough to get just wahat I want for xmas and that's the man of my dreams and a beautiful Daughter - my very own FAMILY!!
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2006, 01:51 PM
    tee hee hee - I have to laugh - Pete keeps texting me on and off asking me questions about random things; any excuse for him to to talk to me lol - we just seem to be doing the sdame thing and going round in circles am I doing the right thing leaving him to initiate or should I be throwing him a bit of a rope here to help him out?
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2006, 03:23 PM
    OK so Pete has just text me again lol - he is letting me borrow his car tomorrow because mine is not running and has a tendency to break down. I replied to thank him and he replied 'No worries' shall I leave it or try and engage a short conversation?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2006, 03:27 PM
    This is great. Really great. Brings a big smile to my face.

To be honest Holly I don't think there is a need to change things from how they are now or initiate things.
    Don't push. Progress seems to be getting made with each new post and you aren't pushing. So do what you have been doing up until this point and just let it all come along naturally.

Why push or initiate when things are progressing so well with what you have been doing so far.

If it isn't broke, don't fix it!

(and I know it is still broke but it seems to be fixing itself)

SLOW Holly and continue to focus on you and your daughter.
    It is getting exciting though!

I would just leave it. No need to try and push.

He is clearly interested again so do what we advise everyone else.

Be a little mysterious. You don't need to reply to everything he says. Let him be curious.

Just go slow.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2006, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    This is great. Really great. Brings a big smile to my face.

to be honest Holly i dont think there is a need to change things from how they are now or initiate things.
    Dont push. Progress seems to be getting made with each new post and you arent pushing. So do what you have been doing up until this point and just let it all come along naturally.

Why push or initiate when things are progressing so well with what you have been doing so far.

if it aint broke, dont fix it!

(and i know it is still broke but it seems to be fixing itself)

SLOW Holly and continue to focus on you and your daughter.
    It is getting exciting though!
    Yeah I know you are right - its just the excitement that's making me wonder what to do next - but it would seem he is doing things at his own pace and I am more than sure its because he wants to do things right and the proper way... I am trying to stay calm and relaxed about him but I just can't help myself. I never thought we would come this far and it really does put a mile on my face? :)
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2006, 03:32 PM
    Yes - carry on as you have been and let things happen naturally. You don't want to "undo" any of your hard-won progress.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2006, 01:33 AM
    Holly, you are doing great, things truly work out slowly slowly and you are proof of this.
    I am so happy that you are happy.
    X
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2006, 04:33 PM
    so \i spent 3hrs with Pete tonight. Had a text message shortly after he finshed work asking me if he could have a play with my car... I told him was more than welcome./ I gave him the keys and watched him manoevr my car off my driveway to his. He then pulled out a Haines manual and a box of parts. He only went to the Auto store after he finished work and bought everything required to give my car a fulll service and the haines manual is to figure out what is causing my car to kangeroo and over rev and he is determined to fix it. He wants no money for the parts or anything.

So I kept him company and supplied plenty cups of tea and lots of chocolate! - I am seeing him again tomorrow for the next stages of the service to be done to my car and he plans to work on nit for the rest of te week = perhaps I ought to offer to cook for him by way of saying thank you and showing appreciation - is that going too far or do you think under the circumstances it would go down well. Does not necessarily have to be him coming round to mine for a specific meal - I could always just cook for him and pop it next door for him to eat when he chooses/

What do you think?? He does like my cooking - especially ,my home made Macaroni Cheese - yum yum lol
    Expert

Nov 13, 2006, 04:54 PM
    Better wait until the car is done in case you make him too fat to crawl under it.:D Seriously a meal is a good gesture to show appreciation for his attention and help. Let me know when, so a few of us can chaperone. :) ( okay we love mac and cheese too, so what?)

Things are going pretty good, huh?

Just so you know he may be using the car as an excuse to be around you. Shhhh! A week hmmm!
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2006, 03:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Better wait until the car is done in case you make him too fat to crawl under it.:D Seriously a meal is a good gesture to show appreciation for his attention and help. Let me know when, so a few of us can chaperone. :) ( okay we love mac and cheese too, so what?)

Things are going pretty good, huh?

Just so you know he may be using the car as an excuse to be around you. Shhhh!! A week hmmm!
    Yeah I kind of guessed he was using the car as an excuse to spend time with me - I was really chuffed deep down. I will definitely let you know before I do the meal - I think some guidance from a few of you is a tip top idea; don't want to do or say something wrong. Especially now. :)
    Expert

Nov 14, 2006, 06:41 AM
    Go slow, Eyes and mind open, wide open. You've done an excellent job thus far. Don't be chuffed, at Pete about the car though, any man would do the same.
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2006, 10:31 AM
    Oh don't worry - I am still keeping my guard up - and not getting my hopes up too high - like I said I would not want to get burned again.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2006, 11:07 PM
    hey holly.

in case you haven't heard it enough lately, you're doing a great job.

sounds like pete is getting a little more grounded. That's good news.

just don't fret about saying or doing the wrong thing too much. In the end, you are you and fighting it is unnatural. Petes hurt you in the past. Fine. If you were my sister id have wanted to put him up against the wall more than once... hell, you're not my sister and I still have wanted to do that. =)

but in the end... I think you're getting to the place where you simply need to know. If he blows it again, then you know. If he steps up, then you know. I do think one thing seems clear... sounds like he's excited about the baby... and that means you will have a relationship with him that is close. I'm not sure it will be everything you wanted... I'm not sure it won't... but once that child is born you will both be amazed and in awe with a new kind of love, and you'll both share it.

so don't fret about the details too much now. If you say something "wrong" I think you're entitled to it after all you've put up with.

you're doing a great job.
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2006, 12:34 PM
    Well... after much advice, careful stepping and waiting and moving slow I am pleased to announce that things have finally worked out! We are Pursuing things slowly and still have a long way to go but we are together and that's all that matters.

Thank you to everyone for all your help and support - I am still taking your advice and still being careful, but just really please that things have worked out for the best.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2006, 02:11 PM
    Bravo!!

Awesome!!

Outstanding!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!!

See everyone - go SLOW!! No pressure!!

Holly took it slow - up and owns. Didn't push (oh but she wanted to) - SPACE. Let Pete woking things out in his head.

She was busy with her life. She planned things with out him just in case.

I know she had ups and major downs... but let a really simple principle OF LOVE work out for her... she was there for Pete - regardless how he acted - a friend. Slowly - no pushing. She loved Pete unconditionally - even though he would not give her love back.

I know this takes a lot of TIME - people don't relaizes, get upset and make major mistakes.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2006, 02:56 PM
    Yes it is a great story and I'm sure everyone is as delighted for you as you are. But I'm also sure everyone now would still implore you to go slow and continue to put yours and your daugthers health and well being first and continue down the path you have taken with pete that has worked so wonderfully well so far!

Please keep us informed!

You are not completely out of the woods yet as I am sure there is still along way to go for pete to completely regain your trust. Take it slow and I'm sure that will come!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My progress bar is gone [ 2 Answers ]

I am not sure exactly what it is called.When I click on something when I am on line the progress bar or what ever it is called does not pop up. What I am talking about is the green bar that starts going across and as the page is loading up it goes across in green. Can any one help me.I am sure it...

Novel - Pitman's Progress [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Askme Helpers, Can someone please help me with the novel 'Pitman's Progress'? I need the: Authors name, If it was published in Hardback, The ISBN, If it is available on Cassette, CD or online for download or listening to,

View more questions Search