Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sadgirl20 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Oct 30, 2009, 11:01 AM
    I hate the lovey dovey talk.it's annoying!
    Hey, my boyfriend talks to me overly smushy and calls me baby names and talks in a baby voice like I'm a cute puppy that he's playing with. At first I found it cute, but now it's ANNOYING and I can't figure out a nice way to tell him to stop talking to me like that... ugh.
    I need help before I go crazy and tell him something hurtful! LOL... seriously.
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Oct 30, 2009, 11:05 AM

Well, he won't get it unless you tell him you don't like it. Honestly, just tell him, look I really like you and think you're a great guy but I don't like it when you talk to me like... and say it. As it goes for "Baby" it's okay... eventually it will be "Babe" and maybe you can mention that you aren't comfortable with some of the pet names he calls you... OR you can do the same thing back hahaha! Treat him like a little baby and when he say's he doesn't like it then say hah, now we are even! Keep it fun and gentle :)
    Sadgirl20 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Oct 30, 2009, 11:08 AM

THat won't work... he likes it when I talk to him like a baby... ugh! So annoying!
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Oct 30, 2009, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadgirl20 View Post
    THat wont work....he likes it when i talk to him like a baby...ugh! So annoying!
    Crappy haha... you HAVE to tell him before you physically hurt him :eek:. So, over-doing it might not work... like buying him a baby blanket and a soother... haha! Just a thought because then he would be like "you are so weird". Actually, that would be scary.

No seriously, just tell him nicely and if you don't like him for that particular flaw then break up with him.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 30, 2009, 11:25 AM

Is it the same guy?
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ak-212578.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ng-360424.html

Communication is key. Explain to him how you feel and come to a mutual understanding.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 30, 2009, 11:26 AM
    Be honest with him. Tell him straight out that 'baby talk' makes you feel uncomfortable. You would like to have a mature relationship with him and think that a more adult way of communicating would help.

Work out a way that you can gently remind him that he is crossing a line in the way he behaves with you.

If he continues or doesn't understand, ask him if he has a fetish that he hasn't mentioned before?

Decide if this is enough to end the relationship if he doesn't change.
    overayear Posts: 100, Reputation: 19

Oct 30, 2009, 11:54 AM

Next time he dose it just say " ugh I am not a baby". He will prob be shocked like wow umm OK, then you can go into telling him that you just don't like it. It shouldn't be a big deaL. He might be a little embarrassed buut oh well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My daughter will not talk to me. She hate me! [ 12 Answers ]

My daughter who is 16 years old just called me. She was really mad because she found out that I was going to take her mother to court to get some overpaid child support back. I have two kids with my new wife andI can not make ends meet. She said I would never see her or her sister if I sued their...

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option.what should I do? [ 14 Answers ]

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option. People near me are OK but are always either scared or are in an licking state. I hate the environment. I can't quit because I hate to learn and what I know is not good enough. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee tell me what shoul I do! anyone!

Kid who won't talk for himself but will copy how other people talk [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I saw this movie years ago, on HBO, I never caught the name of the movie, and then the power went out, I never saw it again.. The movie was about this boy who was wouldn't talk or he couldn't talk. He could however copy peoples voices, and talk like them, exactley like them.. does anyone...

Girlfriend taking a break. To talk or not to talk [ 52 Answers ]

My girlfriend of over a year has decided to take a break. All of a sudden, something clicked in her head and she feels that we're too young to have such a serious relationship. She doesn't want to miss out on all the experiences life has to offer. Mind you, she was always the one who talked about...

My boyfriend's Internet always "goes off" while we talk and it's really ANNOYING [ 9 Answers ]

Okay my boyfriend is in another country so we can only talk on the Internet. When his Internet actually DOES work , we have sweet conversations and he seems to love me and all I love him, but right when we're talking, usually when we're having particularly sweet conversations, his Internet just...

View more questions Search