Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Serenity2009 Posts: 57, Reputation: 0

Oct 30, 2009, 09:24 AM
    Wedding budget is 1000 or less poss less.
    Like 500 need a few suggestions and some help finding venues in Pottstown pa that are cheap and or free. My question is... How do I make it work with a thousand or less? I have my dress and some items giving to me. What is the beat place to purchase things on my budget?

Thanks in advance!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 30, 2009, 09:28 AM

I can't help with your specific area, but inquire at parks and townships - the rental fee to use a pretty area like this might be cheap - or free to residents.

The easiest way to cut costs it to go small. We had 85 guests, no booze, and our party favors were totally cheap. You know those striped stick candy? We found some in our wedding colors and tied them in bundles. They were $.30 per guest. Of course, those are extras that aren't necessary!

If you want a wedding party, ask them to wear what they'd like as long as its semi-formal. Skip flowers, you can hold a single stem if you'd like.

Creativity is key - a wedding can be done with very little money :)
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 09:49 AM

If you have a relative who can take a good picture,perhaps they ca ndo it as a wedding gift to you?

Ask family and friends who have creative talents to chip their talents to help out...

Even a finger buffet supplied by family as a gift to you both?
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 10:07 AM

I got married by the judge. Just our close families where there. Then we sent out pictures to our friends and family basically saying Surprise we got married. With the license and fee's and the picture things we sent out it cost about $400.00. Funny thing is we didn't expect or want any gifts from anyone and people still sent us stuff. So we spent like $400.00 and received about $8,000.00 in gifts and money.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2009, 03:35 AM

Check out this thread
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/weddin...et-392253.html
    There are some great ideas on there for having a wedding on a tight budget ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Friend Is Having A Wedding On A Tight Budget [ 25 Answers ]

She wants me to help plan her wedding for the spring 2010 and said that she only wants to spend $1,000 for the wedding and reception. They already have the rings, wedding cake is being done for free, location of the ceremony is free too. But, can you give me any ideas about how to plan a wedding on...

Elegant low budget wedding décor ideas? [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone have any low budget, yet elegant decorating ideas for a church wedding? I have a friend who has to say the least been through tremendous hardships this past year. She will be getting married in a month, and her budget is low. I want to help her to make her day as memorable and elegant...

Low Low Budget Wedding [ 8 Answers ]

So my girlfriend and I have decided to get married. We are both 19 and we've been together for 3 years. We are both strapped on cash, and time as well (she is in the Navy, stationed in Great Lakes), so no honeymoon yet or anything. I have no idea how we are going to pay for this, and we want to...

Wedding on a budget [ 8 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have been engaged for 2 years have yet to set a date. We wanted to wait until after I finished school and that ended up being pushed back a year. We want to start planning for Sept. '08. Is this cutting it too close and we are on a very tight budget. I don't want to put it off...

View more questions Search