Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bonita-- Posts: 301, Reputation: 17

Oct 30, 2009, 01:16 AM
    What to wear to a fall wedding?
    I'm going to two weddings in one day, one is a Christian wedding and the other is Catholic/Hindu. These are the first weddings that I'm going to where I will not be a bridesmaid and I've also never been to a fall wedding, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to wear. I found a few dresses that I like but they are strapless and I'm not sure if that would be appropriate. Any suggestions would help, thanks.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 30, 2009, 10:12 AM

Ideally, wear something comfortable. Strapless would be fine as long as the fabric is weather appropriate. Perhaps adding a shawl or sweater would also help - particularly with colder weather.
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Oct 30, 2009, 10:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonita-- View Post
    I'm going to two weddings in one day, one is a Christian wedding and the other is Catholic/Hindu. These are the first weddings that I'm going to where I will not be a bridesmaid and I've also never been to a fall wedding, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to wear. I found a few dresses that I like but they are strapless and I'm not sure if that would be appropriate. Any suggestions would help, thanks.
    If your going to a ceremony (I don't mean reception) it is respectful to cover your shoulders in the church. You can still wear a strapless dress but maybe a shawl (weather permitting) or a light sweater/cardigan. You can be formal but not so dressy for the ceremony and then dress later (which is what I do) but it sounds like you have a busy day and that might not be an option.

Trick is DON'T WEAR WHITE OR CREAM and I wouldn't suggest cherry red, silver or gold (red, silver or gold are great accessories like shoes or purses but not the dress)... first find out what color the wedding is (theme) and try to get around it - don't wear the same color... or try not to... if you can't find out then don't worry about it... do what you think is best. I love green or burgundy for fall but wear what color best suites you. You might want a longer dress if it is colder where you are... DON'T FORGET TO BUY FLIP FLOPS... if you start dancing and your feet hurt from those sexy stilettos... you will love me (unless you wear flats). Be provocative but be conservative... make a stubble but sexy statement if your single. What I am saying is find something formal but classy.

Good luck.

Oct 30, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Yes I will need a shawl or a sweater for sure.. it will most likely be cold outside that day. I've only been able to find 2 dresses that I really like, one is strapless and a bit too tight and it's also above my price limit so I think I have to scratch that one, even though it's so cute lol. The other is a decent price but the problem is that it's all black. I was thinking maybe I could add a belt and accessories of a different color to make the outfit look not so black.

The problem for me is that I don't think I look good in dark colors like green and red. I have dark hair, tanned skin and blue eyes so I feel like when I wear colors like that it doesn't suite me. I think I look better in bright colors, I wish this was a summer wedding it would be much easier for me to pick a dress lol. I like the idea of a black dress with gold accessories.. would that be OK?

And yes I will bring flats to wear. Last time I wore heels and danced, by the end of the night I couldn't walk and my feet were aching with pain. Especially since I'll be in heels the whole day I think I will need those flats.

Oct 30, 2009, 02:12 PM
    Yeah I get what your saying, I have Chestnut Brown Hair, Hazel Eyes and Olive Skin... so I could get away with a lot of colors... I always say... if it is one color... accessorize!

For you, have you tried a nice navy blue... something with different tones of blue and something sheen to the touch? If you go blue - silver or black accessories. I like the black dress WE NEVER GO WRONG WITH THE BLACK DRESS :P... especially if you can't make up your mind... you know you will be content with the black dress. You can accessorize with gold... I have done that... you said you where tanned so yes; you can go with the gold. I think you should do the Black on Gold - very classy and very sexy! You can get away with some chunky jewellery around your neck to dress it up more... well not too chunky... as long as it is what you like and you are comfortable in it.

Are you wearing your hair up or down? If it is long and darkly ravishing... wear it down in nice relaxed curls.

Oct 31, 2009, 12:56 PM
    I've been looking around and I haven't been able to find many blue dresses, and if I have they've been too expensive for me, which is too bad because I would like to wear blue I think it suites me. I really like the black dress though and it's a good price so I think I might get that one and get some gold accessories or what about black and white? Would that be OK also?

And I'll be wearing my hair down, I just got it cut earlier this week and now it's about 4 inches below my shoulder, so I'm going to straighten it so it looks longer lol.

Nov 2, 2009, 07:53 PM

What I did, is, even at just under the shoulder length hair... curled it! Dressed my hair and my makeup - dark, sexy, bedroom eye makeup (only in the evening - in the daytime it may look a little too much)! Because black is so black... you want to dress up and attract attention... just not in a bad way BALANCE is the key to looking seductive and not SLUTTY. You can do black and white but not unless the pock-a-dots or something abstract which should evolve white... gold would be your best bet BUT for your jewellery and scarf... you can add the blue... if comfortable... sincerely - if you go gold - stay gold - blue is a hard color and if you add any blue then add silver not gold... if you do the gold do a warm color.

Nov 12, 2009, 10:46 PM
    Oh my lol, OK so I ended up buying a pink dress(like a fuchsia color) because it was so cute and the cheapest thing I could find, but when I got home I put it on and I thought it was too short and I felt bad about it so I returned it and bought a black and white dress. Now I found out the store I bought it from is having a 50% off everything in the store sale and I'm considering going back and getting a store credit and then getting the pink dress for 50% off. My question is, is fuchsia too "out there" for a wedding? I won't be staying long at the wedding anyway because I have to go to 2 of them, and the second one is a hindu wedding so I have another dress that I have to wear, so even if it was a little out there I won't be staying long anyway and then I can keep the dress and wear it again lol. I don't know what to do. The fuchsia dress is a little short but to be honest the wedding that I'm going to is going to be full of young people because the girl who is getting married is only 23 and most of her friends are her age of younger. I think I might be able to pull it off, but I don't know.. I need help lol I only have one day to decide!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What to wear to backyard wedding? [ 5 Answers ]

What is the appropriate attire to wear to an outdoor early evening wedding?

What to wear to backyard wedding? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the appropriate attire to an outdoor early evening wedding?

What do you wear for a courthouse wedding? [ 9 Answers ]

My fiancé and I are planning on eloping and I was wondering what is proper to wear to this type of ceremony? We have a very small budget and there won't be too many people there(just some family). It's just going to be short and sweet. I have been married once before and I just don't want to have...

What do I wear to this wedding? [ 4 Answers ]

I am going to a 6:30 p.m. December wedding in Charleston, SC, that is black tie/evening dress unifrom invited. What kind of dress should I wear?

What is proper wear for a 4pm wedding. [ 3 Answers ]

My husband got an invitation from a cousin in California who is getting Married in September. The wedding is to be a 4pm wedding outdoors with an outdoor reception to follow. The only suggestion about attire was that ladies wear flats and not heals as the ground is fairly soft. What would be...

View more questions Search