Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2009, 09:20 PM
    I'm amazed
    Not a peep out of any of you hawks or doves on Evita's big gaffe in Pakistan when she told them she doesn't believe them. Do you have a news blackout in the US?
    \For those who find it hard to keep up http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...1030-hp5z.html

I also find her expose on taxation in the USA interesting, I'm certain that will go down well
    Bill-K Posts: 54, Reputation: 16

Oct 30, 2009, 12:42 AM

Quoting from the linked article:-

There was no immediate public response from Pakistan. A military statement released after her talks with army chief of staff General Ashfaq Kayani said only that "both exchanged candid views on matters of mutual interest".

I'm not a fan of anything Clinton, but we appear to be awaiting a peep from the Pakistan Government, here. It would seem that this is their turn to respond, and we should politely await that response, In my opinion. If it is indeed a gaffe - and not an implication of the truth, then I believe we must let the Pakistan government show that to be the case.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 04:53 AM

The big news about Evita here was that the President didn't select her as Veep because he was sore at Bill Clinton over the stuff Bill was saying during the campaign.
    And the Huffpos are all agog over her birthday.
    Happy Birthday, Hillary Clinton: 62 And Still Stylish! (PHOTOS)

When her Schtick flopped with the Pakis she resorted to the Democrat tried and true back up plan.
    She bashed former President Bush to the audience.
    Answering questions from students on US intentions and perceived failings, Clinton acknowledged past mistakes and called for a new era, but was treated to applause when she voiced opposition to former US president George W. Bush.
    Hillary meets Nawaz:<br>Pledges US all-out Support for Pakistan to eliminate Terrorism
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 05:14 AM

I did refer to the Bush bashing yesterday, on your post Clete. I can't believe they used this photo and called her "still stylish."

excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2009, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Not a peep out of any of you hawks or doves on Evita's big gaffe in Pakistan when she told them she doesn't believe them.
    Hello clete:

I don't think it's a gaffe. I think it was the TRUTH. I think they know where Osama is and I think they could get him if they wanted to. Furthermore, I think TRUTH is what is wanted and needed here. The dufus didn't tell the truth about Pakistan. He just showered them with money which they spent on their war with India and that didn't help us ONE BIT. The dufus was soooooo stupid.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    The dufus didn't tell the truth about Pakistan.
    You have such a convenient memory...

Bush Warns Pakistan as He Defends Military Strategy

Bush warns Pakistan of ‘serious action’

Bush warns Pakistan to stop testing missiles

US warns Pakistan over emergency

Cheney Warns Pakistan to Act on Terrorism

What has the Obama administration said that the Bush administration didn't already say?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2009, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    What has the Obama administration said that the Bush administration didn't already say?
    Hello Steve:

Did you LISTEN to what she said?? She said the Pakastani's KNOW where Osama Bin Laden is, and could get him if they wanted to. That's one hell of a charge. Really. IT'S ONE HELL OF A CHARGE. Don't you tell me that the dufus EVER told them the TRUTH like THAT.

Let me ask you this, if you're able to see beyond your hatred for anything Clinton, do YOU think she didn't tell the truth? Do YOU think the ISI isn't involved in terrorism?? Do YOU think the Pakastani government is doing everything it can to fight terrorism??

If you do, then you are weak on national defense. In fact, so weak that I wouldn't mention it to my right wing pals

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 07:12 AM
    Did you LISTEN to what she said?? She said the Pakastani's KNOW where Osama Bin Laden is, and could get him if they wanted to. That's one hell of a charge. Really. IT'S ONE HELL OF A CHARGE. Don't you tell me that the dufus EVER told them the TRUTH like THAT.
    You really believe Cowboy George never said the same thing? You don't think that ruthless Cheney had a few such words in his private chat with Musharraf? I wouldn't be surprised to see Cheney to come out firing over this any time now.

Let me ask you this, if you're able to see beyond your hatred for anything Clinton, do YOU think she didn't tell the truth?
    LOL, I don't have a hatred for Hillary, I'd rather she were president than Obama. Even so, she may have had the cojones to say what she did but she didn't have enough to keep from uttering the Dems only solution to everything, blame Bush. I have no respect for Bill but that's another story.

If you do, then you are weak on national defense. In fact, so weak that I wouldn't mention it to my right wing pals
    You make a lot of assumptions, like I was proud of how Bush handled Pakistan. I merely pointed out he did and said more than you give credit, but then you don't give him credit for anything but ruining everything.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Oct 30, 2009, 07:31 AM

I happen to think that Hilarious Clintoon actually told it like she saw it. I give her credit for that.

I don't know whether it was good diplomacy or not, but for once someone in the Democrat Party was calling liars on their bull$h!t.

There are plenty of reasons to dislike her. We don't need to make them up. (I agree she has no fashion sense, but that's the LEAST of her problems.) Nor do we need to withhold credit where it is well deserved.

I'm with excon on this one... she called it like it is and didn't pull punches.

Elliot
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 07:42 AM

I give her kudos for calling Pakistan out, just not for blaming Bush when she got some heat from the 'hand picked crowd.'
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 02:20 PM
    Hello clete:

I don't think it's a gaffe. I think it was the TRUTH. I think they know where Osama is and I think they could get him if they wanted to. Furthermore, I think TRUTH is what is wanted and needed here. The dufus didn't tell the truth about Pakistan. He just showered them with money which they spent on their war with India and that didn't help us ONE BIT. The dufus was soooooo stupid.

excon
    Hey Ex I didn't say anything about whether it might be true, but here is the US top line diplomat, very undiplomaticly, as a visitor to a supposed ally, calling the administration of that country liars. When you want someone's cooperation you don't call them liars and you certainly don't do it on their soil and you don't do it at a public meeting. It is just this sort of arrogance that has typified American foreign policy and you wonder why the world doesn't like you. As to GWB he had Rice wandering the world but she didn't make the gaffe's Hilarious does. You should be glad she didn't make President

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amazed With Results! Glycolic Acid and Kojic Acid [ 22 Answers ]

Hello, I have wriiten some posts before on this subject. I got three emails from people I supplied my information with. There are two products you need to get for hand and face. One is glycolic acid cream (10%) also kojic acid. The Kojic acid can be founf in Palmers Skin Success Section. It will...

Prepare to be AMAZED! [ 6 Answers ]

Perhaps many of you may have seen something similar to this musical treat. I nor my wife have EVER witnesses such a talent. We caught this guy playing on the street corner in our downtown area on our last Night of vacation. Let me know what you think?:) YouTube - Prepare to be...

View more questions Search