Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2009, 08:09 PM
    Toyota to Begin Requiring 0W-20 Synthetic Engine Oil
    Driven by increasingly stringent emission and fuel economy standards, Toyota has informed its dealers that the company will begin requiring SAE 0W-20 synthetic engine oils in new Toyota, Scion and Lexus vehicles over the next several years. Other OEMs are expected to follow suit by 2011. Among the benefits cited by Toyota are enhanced protection at high and low temperatures, improved fuel economy and reduced engine deposits. In addition, Toyota is reportedly studying increasing oil drain interval recommendations to 10,000 miles.
    Dragonslayer Posts: 61, Reputation: 4

Oct 30, 2009, 09:02 PM

Many of the 2010 model year Honda vehicles also come with 0W-20 synthetic as well in addition to the Hybrid models which have already been using 0W-20 Pay attention to the oil filler cap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toyota 3vze engine [ 14 Answers ]

I blew a head gasket and need some direction on how I should proceed. I'm down to the cam cover and am not sure what to do next. I've been pulling wrenches for a long time but never did a overhead cam engine. HELP

1987 Toyota P/U 22R engine Water in Oil [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the problem 1987 toyota p/u with 22R engine. The engine got hot and started to blow white smoke out the exhaust. The engine only ran for about 5 minutes before it was shut off. I checked the water and was very low, checked the oil and has water in the oil. I was told that it more likely...

Toyota engine trouble - 2.4L DOHC [ 4 Answers ]

(1994 toyota previa - 2.4L DOHC) This toyota was sitting up for months after it overheated and blew the head gasket. The head was given a valve job and reinstalled. The van idles/drives GOOD when warm, but idles very rough and dies when cold. After it warms the engine light comes on. (OBD...

Toyota celica engine swap [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if the motor mounts from a 93 toyota celica gt and a 95 celica st are the same? I'm looking to swap out the motor and tranny in the st for those of the gt.

Need to identify toyota engine [ 3 Answers ]

I dug out an old toyota engine from my dads garage and I'm trying to figure out what it is. The only code I could find on it is B616 48

View more questions Search