Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angel_eyes62788 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2009, 07:58 PM
    Transferring probation from pa to nc
    My boyfriend is on probation in pa- I moved to nc with our son thinking that he would be able to transfer his probation to be with us and it turns out that might not be possible because his officer says that nc only accepts felony cases- his is misdemeanor. Since I've already establised residency if we were to get married could they still say no knowing he has a wife and child living here? He hasn't tried to transfer yet we're just going off what his po told him.
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Oct 29, 2009, 09:14 PM
    Hi! angel_eyes62788, welcome to AMHD :)

Call the local adult probation office in your city (N.C.) to find what the requirements/conditions are, explain the situation.

If it sounds like a go, then offer your bf's PO (Parole Officer) phone number to your contact in N.C. or vice versa

Let the two of them hash out the particulars.
    If N.C. is acceptable, Pa. should be agreeable to it.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2009, 05:40 AM

Hello a:

Instead of asking what the rules are, ask to SEE the rule book... I say more about that here https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...on-115783.html

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring Probation [ 2 Answers ]

I am an educator I was recently offered a job in another state but my husband is on Felony probation for Theft by receiving in NY we are in the process of relocating to Atlanta Ga will he be able to transfer his probation to Georgia?

Transferring Probation [ 2 Answers ]

I am on probation for 3 years for shoplifting, driving on a suspended tag and no proof of insurance. I have been told by many people that are on probation that all you have to do to transfer your probation is to ask them what criteria do I have to meet to possibly transfer my probation to another...

Transferring probation [ 1 Answers ]

Who has to give the OK for probation to be transferred to another state. My son lived in Kentucky, but committed a crime in Indiana. Does the probation department where he committed the crime make the decession or Indianapolis or who?

Transferring My Probation [ 2 Answers ]

Can I transfer my probation to another state?

View more questions Search