Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2009, 03:11 PM
    The cure for an economic hangover
    If economists ruled the world we would all be very conservative
    Jessica Irvine
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Oct 30, 2009, 06:57 AM

Interesting article.

I do agree that personal experience is a great teaching tool. Eventually, as people become more tired of the effects and opportunity cost of hangovers they stop suffering them.

How many 35 and 40-year-olds do you see partying like teenagers?

Elliot
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 09:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    Interesting article.

I do agree that personal experience is a great teaching tool. Eventually, as people become more tired of the effects and opportunity cost of hangovers they stop suffering them.

How many 35 and 40-year-olds do you see partying like teenagers?

Elliot
    I don't think that was the point Elliot The GFC was likened to a hangover from a wild party
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Nov 2, 2009, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I don't think that was the point Elliot The GFC was likened to a hangover from a wild party
    Actually, the point of the article was to argue that the invisible hand theory doesn't work because people don't always make the decisions that are in their best interests. And her proof is teenagers who party despite knowing the effects of a hangover.

I disagree, and my proof is that over the long haul they do, because eventually they become more experienced as to the effects of their decisions. That is why you see fewer 45 year olds who party like teenagers.

Still there are some interesting points to the article.

Elliot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a cure for OCD? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello there I am wondering if anyone knows a "cure" for OCD or at least how to calm it down. My sister has the disorder and it is a complete nightmare living with her its like living with cinderella this is probably why she is losing so much weight. I don't really know that much about it but she...

The Cure. [ 3 Answers ]

I believe this is where this type of question should be posted... I was curious if someone had any idea on how to convert a live DVD concert to the correct audio format... so I could play it on my iPod (nano) -- . I heard/read it somewhere that it's possible... My search on trying to find out how...

Hangover sufferers beware! Don't take Tylenol after drinking! [ 3 Answers ]

Alcohol metabolism activates an enzyme that transforms acetamenophen into chemical compounds that cause liver damage. If you are a chronic drinker, use of over the counter pain relievers and fever reducers is likely to cause liver damage severe enough to require a liver transplant--not a risk worth...

View more questions Search