Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momgma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 03:24 PM
    Generational Family Home
    I am trying to help my next door neighbor locate a property deed for his home. He is the last descendant in the family home that has been passed down over the decades. He has no idea where the original deed is or who's name is even on it. He is trying to get his affairs in order and needs this deed to do so. How can he find what he is looking for?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Oct 28, 2009, 03:51 PM
    He can go to the county clerk or county register's office and get a copy of the most recent deed for the property.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 28, 2009, 05:41 PM

Yes, the original deed is always filed at the court house. Just go down to the recorder of deed office and get a copy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conversion of mobile home to single family home [ 5 Answers ]

In 1995, we bought some land & moved a salvaged mobile home on it. The mobile wasn't permanent meaning we only needed to live in it until we could build our house. We first added onto the mobile a 12x60 section. We then began to tear down the mobile home & eventually added a front section. The...

1/3 home owner family estate. Can I borrow with home as colatural? [ 1 Answers ]

My brothers and I each own 1/3 of estate property that we want to sale in the near future. Is it possible I could get a loan based on my 1/3 of the estate? With consent of brothers, and how would they be effected?

Home/family protection [ 4 Answers ]

I looking into purchasing a firearm for home protection. It's either a Glock G19 9mm, Glock G23 40 S&W or Sigarms P229R 9mm or 40 S&W. Which is the better firearm As far as quality, safety and stopping power? Being this is my first firearm, I will take the appropriate safety courses and joining...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

View more questions Search