Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 30, 2009, 07:20 AM
    I agree, Synnen. I had to spread the rep.

Slek, too often we try to change or ignore parts of ourselves to be a part of a group. We tend to think that we will feel more included if we act and believe what the others do. Instead, suppressing our individual natures only causes us to feel alone in a crowd.

As Synnen said, if they don't accept you for who you are, then they aren't your friends to begin with. Some of the best groups of friends I have had, including on this site, are made up of individuals who welcome the differences as well the similarities in our backgrounds, personalities, lifestyles, etc.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Oct 30, 2009, 07:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    How about keeping YOUR opinions to yourself if you are incapible of expressing them without making a personal attack on someone else. Its gays with YOUR attitude that CAUSE the problems YOU complain about. Actions have consequences...you are not immune from then JUST because you want to be a protected class just as they are for every other person on the planet that still breaths.

Do we have Hetero Pride Parades with public lewdness? NO. Then why do you think YOU have the right to force your attitudes in our and our childrens faces.

Why do you think YOU have the right to act like whatever you like to do is a matter for public advertisement? I'd like to have 4 somes with a busty blonde, brunette and redhead....but do I need or even have a right to push it in the face of any and everyone that crosses my path? NOT AT ALL.

No you do not have the right to incessantly throw it in our faces....so you are gay...fine, big deal. If someone asks, tell them, and end of story. You aren't running a campaign to be elected for it. Just like the person with a fetish for rather reubenesque women. Thats their own personal business. Not that of the entire world.

Your sexual exploits or orientation are not for public consumption....irregardless of your orientation. You didn't just cure cancer or the common cold. THAT would be something worthy of bragging about, nothing else is.

But if you like being ostracized, by all means continue being obnoxious about personal business.

Bragging is the quickest way to get there.....straight, bi or gay. Nobody likes a braggart.

People like other people that are honest, kind and not obnoxious or trying to push something on them. I will state that most gays I have met fit that catagory. I have nothing to do with the people that feel they have to make a big deal out of it.....nor do I with straight people that feel some need to pass on their latest exploits.

Oct 27, 2009, 12:17 PM #14 Report Inappropriate Post
    smoothy
    Ultra Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ren6
    So, you could have gone either way then? Guys or girls? But you chose to be straight?
    No, in my case I will state, I never thought about it... I was brought with old world values and morals. So I natually did the right thing... No urges to take a walk on the wild side... I preffer to play with equipment different than I was equipped with from the factory. If I feel the urge to diddle with a dinky... I've got one in easy reach, 24 hours a day 7 days a week, in fact I carry it wherever I go.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Ignorance can be cured, but you can't fix stupid. - Ron White

So, you don't remember this post from yesterday? You were brought up with old word values, right?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 30, 2009, 08:58 PM

Take it to private messages.

Any further arguing between the two of you WILL be taken as hijacking, and will result in BOTH of your posts being removed.

Seriously... knock it off.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2009, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Take it to private messages.

Any further arguing between the two of you WILL be taken as hijacking, and will result in BOTH of your posts being removed.

Seriously....knock it off.
    I responded to the question asked by the OP, that will not make them a pariah among their straight friends. Ren6 however seems to have some sort of an agenda to push as usual.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 2, 2009, 06:46 AM
    Thread CLOSED

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search