Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Noemi Rodriguez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 10:47 AM
    How can a illiterate young person be a usa citizen
    My husband has 40 years old. But is an illiterate person. He attempted learn to read and write, but he did not achieved his goal. He think, that there is a problem in his mind that difficult him to learn. He dreams to be an american citizen. He want to know how obtain this privilege. Thank you for your answer.
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Oct 28, 2009, 12:18 PM

Is he a permanent resident now? The naturalization requires basic literacy. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney to research the "disability" exception as regards to literacy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teaching someone who is illiterate [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know where to begin to teach an illiterate adult.

Keep young adults safe from a potentially dangerous person [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, My 21-year-old son and his girlfriend moved to Las Vegas early this year to finish school at University of Nevada Las Vegas. They have been doing great until recently, when the girlfriend accepted a position as Personal Assistant for this 45-year-old man (presumably very wealthy and very...

Can I marry a British Citizen as person liable for detention? [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me with this, I applied for residency based on long residency in UK and was refused. I was given the right to appeal which didn't go well either. I admitted temporary into Uk as a person liable for detention about a year ago. Am now ready to marry my fiancée who is British. Can...

How can an illiterate be a citizen of the USA? [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir, Here is question. My mother is 65 years old,she is a green card holder of USA. She has completed her period for applying for the citizenship.the problem is that she can't even read or write her mother tongue properly so english language is far more difficult for her.she...

Technologically illiterate [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I've browsed through some of these questions and they're in a new language. :eek: I was excited when I figured out how hook my 8-track player up to my boom box. When I bought my first CD player, I needed a cassette adapter to play it in the car. So, I know somebody will read this and...

View more questions Search