Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RedBonewnnagrl Posts: 54, Reputation: 3

Oct 28, 2009, 01:18 AM
    Has anyone tried any SH-18 products before because I was thinking of purchasing some
    What do you all think? Should I maybe try the SH-18 products... I think I remember One person from an old thread on here saying that they used the SH-18 lotion mixed with half a teaspoon of HQ... and they said that it made them singer Cassie or singer Nicole Szerzinger complexion.
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Oct 28, 2009, 02:42 AM
    How many grams or Oz of product is the bottle? Half a teaspoon is 2.5 MLs and 1ML equals 1 gram.

Tell me the volume of the bottle and I will tell you how much HQ % is in it.

Oct 28, 2009, 02:53 AM

It has 16.8 oz in a bottle and 1 website that sells it lists that it has 2% HQ in it already... I heard someone on here say they purchase some of this brands lotion and added half of teaspoon of HQ to it and they also said they used a Apricot Kernel & HQ soap

Oct 28, 2009, 03:29 AM
    Based on the volume of product and the HQ she claims to be putting, it is about 2% HQ... combined with the HQ she already had would obviously make it about 4% all together.

How dark was she before, and is she using EXACTLY half a teaspoon? Because if she is using over that it would obviously increase the HQ percentage.
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Oct 28, 2009, 03:53 AM

The only product I purchased from this line is the SH-18 Lightening Exfoliating Soap, and that's because it was so cheap, and the antiseptic soap that I wanted that had hq in it was sold out. I am not too pleased with the soap because compared to fair and white's aha exfoliating soap, this one is just a waste because it really didn't do a great job of exfoliating my body. I will rather pay $10 for the F&W than $4 for this brand. Just my opinion. Never tried the lotions though.

Oct 28, 2009, 08:58 PM

Did it lighten your body It's a New Day? And I also saw a soap by Fair&White in a white box that claims to have apricot kernel and HQ in it... so I might try it because I am looking for a good lightening soap

Oct 28, 2009, 09:17 PM

Okay dessaml... I went back through the threads to look and tai 18 is the name of the person who said they used the SH-18 lotion and added half a teaspoon HQ to it... that person also said that she usually uses the Fair&White AHA soap in the orange box and an apricot kernel HQ soap. I already know that the Fair&White AHA soap works good because I have tried that... Oh also tai 18 said that he/she has been using HQ since she 14 and that he/she was about Kelly Rowland or a dark Indian Color then and then he/she said they became Beyonce Color and then Nicole Szerzinger Color but Cassie Color in the winter. The name of the old thread I saw all of that on has the question Does Fair&White work? And Golden_girl and some other people were on that thread
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Oct 28, 2009, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBonewnnagrl View Post
    Did it lighten your body Its A New Day? And I also saw a soap by Fair&White in a white box that claims to have apricot kernel and HQ in it .....so I might try it because I am looking for a good lightening soap
    The AHA soap by itself did not lighten my body, but it HELPED A WHOLE LOT to lighten my face because I swear it really gets ALL the dead skin off the top layer of your body. So it's not so much the lightening effect but the EXFOLIATING effect is awesome, and it allows the creams to penetrate better, so this is a good lightening booster in my opinion because it got so much dead skin off my body.

Oct 28, 2009, 09:29 PM

I have really been thinking about the RosanceX18/X20 products also since a lot of people have said that it lightened them several shades and claim that it seems to have a lot of HQ in it... but some people said that they think that all of the Rosance products that had the HQ in it were taking off the market and that it no longer works so I don't know I might just find somewhere that is still selling the effective Rosance products and try that but I don't want to waste my money... Oh well that's all apart of skin lightening I guess...

Oct 28, 2009, 09:38 PM

Yeah I tried that soap and it striped my skin raw... but I am thinking that probably happened because I use it twice per day everyday... but it obviously took a lot of skin off and made me appear somewhat lighter I guess... so I am going to make that my exfoliating soap... but when I used to use this Crusader Medicated soap when I was about 15... it seemed to help lighten my skin along with the use of the Crusader cream in the green tube that I was using... that lightened me pretty good so I plann to try that old routine of mine again also... its just that I recently found out that that Crusader medicated soap that I was using has been reported to contain mercury... so I don't think I should use that again but I will still use the Crusader cream in the green box because they didn't say anything about that.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2009, 10:55 PM
    Thanks mathematician Dessaml. My guess is that people can add hq to a cheaper basic lotion and make it as effective as they like since it's just 2% that comes in the bottle then.

Oct 29, 2009, 03:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    thanks mathematician Dessaml. my guess is that ppl can add hq to a cheaper basic lotion and make it as effective as they like since it's just 2% that comes in the bottle then.
    Welcome Goden, if you or anyone else needs help converting HQ % to match the volume of product then let me know and I can do the math for you, it's easy but can change depending on the proportion of solution to HQ.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 02:23 PM
    Ok, I keep thant in mind. Thanks Dessaml

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Purchasing Now [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone please tell me why purchasing are so important now?

Purchasing [ 9 Answers ]

Hi first post, was looking up that chair cover forum. I'm so worried sent this company large amount of money I've heard no response for them. Has anyone used them before.:confused:

Purchasing Foreclosures [ 2 Answers ]

Looking to buy foreclosures with 30k. Need to know where I can get a list of auctions or individual forclosures besides purchasing a web site membership. Also can I finance or do I need to have the entire amount up front?

View more questions Search