Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steveski7 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Oct 27, 2009, 08:05 PM
    Where to go to college
    I am currently going to school at Lawrence Technological University (LTU) for Mechanical Engineering in Southfield MI. Prior to this I received an Associates Degree in Mechanical Technology from Baker college. LTU is turning out to be much more expensive than I thought (~34,000 per year). I am now considering transferring again to escape the high tuition and the spoiled kids that go here. However, LTU is a very notable school in the detroit area. My other consideration has been to go to U of M and commute from home to cut on cost. As of now I have no idea what I should do. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,

Steve
    setexenv Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Oct 29, 2009, 02:01 PM

Well you've said you need to cut costs and you've listed some options, but what you haven't told anyone is "what is your educational objective?" PS: there are spoiled kids going to every school! That won't change if you change schools. You need to think about what your REAL objective is. Then find a school that you can afford that will allow you to achieve your objective. Also, maybe you should talk to financial counselors at your current institution before running off in another direction. How much longer to graduate there? All these things are important considerations.
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Nov 8, 2009, 08:48 PM

HI,
    My advice is that if you are in a field that is highly competitive, go to the University with the best reputation. Of course you have to take into consideration the student lifestyle. I would get plugged into a group of like-minded souls quickly. Join a club or group. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Humber college or Seneca college (Canada) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm about to apply for an accounting advanced diploma in Toronto, Canada but I'm so confused about which college I should choose between Humber and Seneca. I'll give you a website in case you can help me point out each one's weaknesses and good points. Here is Humber : Accounting -...

College student w/o w-2 but can I file tax to get college tuition credits back? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a college student with no job income(no W-2 form) but do have few dollars of interest earned from saving account(1099-INT form). I know I do not have to file tax return since the income is extremely low. But I heard if I file tax return then I can get few hundreds of college tuition...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

View more questions Search