Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lefaulkner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 07:34 PM
    How to find ending inventory using the average inventory cost method
    The Boxwood Company Sells blankets for $60 each.
    Purchase 5 units 30$
    Purchase 10 units 34$
    Purchase 10 units 40$

Sale 3 units
    Sale 6 units
    Sale 3 units

Assuming that the company uses the perpetual inventory system, determine the ending inventory for the month of May using the average inventory cost method.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2009, 01:03 AM

There's an example of weighted average if you scroll down a bit:
    Principles of Accounting Chapter 8

We don't just do people's homework for them, so see if you can give this a shot and feel free to submit whatever you come up with for someone to check.
    ladylisalisa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 01:15 PM
    ladylisalisa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 01:15 PM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ending inventory & cost of goods sold [ 1 Answers ]

Eddings Company had a beginning inventory of 400 units of Product XNA at a cost of $11.28 per unit. During the year, purchases were: Feb. 20 600 units @ $12.09 May 5 500 units @ $12.92 Aug. 12 300 units @ $13.79 Dec. 8 200 units @ $14.75 Eddings Company uses a periodic inventory...

Cost of Goods Sold/Ending Inventory [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I need help understanding cost of goods sold. I know that one of the equations I could use to figure out the problem is Cost of goods available minus ending inventory, but what confuses me is finding the ending inventory when using the perpetual inventory system. I have been sitting down...

Determine the ending inventory under a perpetual inventory system [ 1 Answers ]

Hi ! I've honestly spent a long time trying to figure this out, but I keep getting the answer wrong and I'm not sure how I should go about this question. I'm not asking for you to just give me the answer, if you have time to give a little explanation that would be nice so I could understand what...

Find Cost of goods sold and ending inventory using.average cost/FIFO/LIFO [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having a hard time with the fifo and lifo method... of this question Began with 73 yards @ 23 per yard During the month the company made the following purchases. March 3/4 113 yards @ 27 3/12 81 yards @ 29 3/19 167 yards @ 32 3/25 44 yards @ 35

View more questions Search