Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluedevils23 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 03:36 PM
    A freshman and a senior
    Hi. I am a freshman, and I really like this senior and he likes me. He isn't the type of guy who would come and go, or to get with me and eff me, he isn't like that at all! He is a sweet guy. I know he is a good kid, because he is my best friend's brother's best friend and he is a great guy! And I was thinking if we go out, will I get made fun of? People say frosh and seniors shouldn't go out because of the age difference. What do you think? I am the 14 year old girl, and he is a 17 year old senior
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 27, 2009, 03:48 PM

What does the rest of the family think?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 27, 2009, 03:53 PM

Lots of issues including maturity level and even activities that they may have interest in. And of course to you now he is the "greatest" guy, eveyone that is the worst person latter was the perfect person when it started
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2009, 03:54 PM

Perhaps your peers have a point about the age difference.

I'm sure there are lots of nice guys in your year?

Oct 31, 2009, 11:12 AM

My mom doesn't even know him and she hates him.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 11:15 AM

It most likely because he is 17 and much older then you,and she's afraid.

What do your own friends think?

I'm sure there are guys your own age that are nice...

Oct 31, 2009, 11:38 AM

My friends like love him. He's so nice.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 31, 2009, 12:08 PM

Date, but anything else and he'll be in major trouble.

There's a reason why adults frown upon a 3 year age difference at your age, because the 17 year old is more then just 3 years more mature then you.

At 14 you don't have the life experience to make informed decisions. At 17 his hormones are going crazy and even though he's nice, he may not be nice enough to restrain himself.

Wait a few years, then if you're still interested and he is too, then you can date.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Oct 31, 2009, 12:20 PM

I agree with Altenweg. I think you should date him, and see what his intentions really are. In my opinion, if you don't date him, you will "hate" your parents for not allowing this and you will always think of what could have been. Date him, and see how he is. Maybe he is one of the few guys who doesn't want sex until he is older or something. Either way, I say learn his motives.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 1, 2009, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Go ahead and date,
    Sorry Alty... I have to kind of, sort of, disagree here... Go ahead and date WITH your PARENT'S permission.

My daughter will be turning 16 this week. At 14 I would never allow her to "date" a 17 year old. I was 17 once, so was my husband... there is usually, not always, a hidden agenda with 17 year old boys. Their hormones are raging!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 1, 2009, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Sorry Alty...I have to kind of, sort of, disagree here....Go ahead and date WITH your PARENT'S permission.

My daughter will be turning 16 this week. At 14 I would never allow her to "date" a 17 year old. I was 17 once, so was my husband....there is usually, not always, a hidden agenda with 17 year old boys. Their hormones are raging!
    I really do need the sarcasm font. :(

It did come off as serious, didn't it? Darnit. I was hoping that the rest of my post would make it clear that I didn't think this was a good idea. Darn typing, not a great way to express yourself. :o

J, I totally agree with you, I wouldn't allow it either.
    overthinker_17 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Jan 6, 2011, 08:31 PM
    I get you.im in the same situation.and well I have no idea if to tell him yes or no.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Freshman/Senior dating [ 18 Answers ]

Is it okay for a freshman(in highschool) to date a senior? I'm good friends with a lot of seniors at my high school through teams and such and I guess people consider me to be mature for my age. I know that some people might answer this question by saying that senior guys are only looking...

Mean Freshman [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, as a few of you know, I'm a senior in high school and it's my last day. I'm leaving for a class trip tomorrow. Pretty much got my life together, got my college choice ready.. Something happened today that got me a little bothered... The Freshman at this school suck... Big time... All there...

Is it okay for a senior guy in high school to date a freshman girl ? [ 8 Answers ]

Is it okay for a senior guy in high school to date a freshman girl ?

Freshman and Senior [ 4 Answers ]

Ok I have always been wondering if its OK for a freshman to date a senior. Does anyone think in high school that a 3 year gap is that big? Thanks for any answers :D I mean I have my eyes on this older guy (junior) but for now I'm only in the 8th grade so I honestly have no chance, but I was...

Freshman Girl [ 12 Answers ]

There is this new freshman girl, that tries to talk to me. But she is shy, and does it through her friend. So when day she comes and sits on my lap at the lunch table. Then my teacher tells her to go back to her seat. The next week or so, she talk to me through her friend. The gives me her number....

View more questions Search