Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2009, 04:33 PM

The night was a Republican victory ;but the NY 23rd was a shot across the bow of the Republican establishment . I think this bodes well to a challenge in Fla. To the Republican leadership's support for Charlie Crist in next year's Senate race . The Republicans better begin to take a serious look at Marco Rubio.I think that is going to be a big primary fight.
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2009, 04:33 AM
    Meanwhile Owens is doing what "moderate " Blue Dog Democrats do .
    Congressman-elect Bill Owens was sworn in at noon today.
    Owens indicated in a press release that he was now in favor of the bill in direct contrast to his earlier position during his campaign.
    According toPolitico.com, Mr. Owens assured voters that he felt the public option had no place in the health care reform bill. Contrary to that position, Mr. Owens now indicates that he intends to vote in favor of the bill even though it now contains a public option.
    http://www.gouverneurtimes.com/index...ews&Itemid=175
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2009, 10:37 PM

"Owens Breaks 4 Campaign Promises in first hour in Congress". The Gouverneur Times - Your Online News Source
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 10:57 AM

The race for the 23rd was much closer than anyone suspected. There are recounts going on and absentee ballots counted and the difference in the vote total is shrinking.
    Recanvassing shows NY-23 race tightens even as Rep. Bill Owens is sworn into House seat | News from The Post-Standard -

Significant in this is the fact that Owens flipped on his opposition to Pelosi-care and voted with the majority last week. In retrospect ;Hoffman should have waited to concede.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 11:07 AM

I was just about to post this myself, tom. Speaking of outside shots, any chance you'll have mercy on my team this week? My strong team suddenly fell thanks to RB's getting yanked or hurt in the first quarter and another down week for a receiver or two.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 11:24 AM
    Stranger things can happen I guess.:D

Not sure I could take losing weeks to both my AMHD competitors.

Let's see . Both our QBs are no guarantee this week. Turner and Mendenhall could easily outperform Jackson and Lynch... Moss and Holmes v Jackson and Colston is a wash in my view. I think I have an edge in TE ,D ,K ,and Flex (even though Ricky Williams was average last week).

I'm still amazed at the lack of trade movement in the league . I've been very lucky with waiver wire pickups . After this week I have no more juggling needed because of bye weeks (why did Moats sit there unclaimed for 2 weeks?? Amazing !)
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    stranger things can happen I guess.:D

Not sure I could take losing weeks to both my AMHD competitors.
    You already beat me once so you have that :D

Let's see . Both our QBs are no guarantee this week. Turner and Mendenhall could easily outperform Jackson and Lynch... Moss and Holmes v Jackson and Colston is a wash in my view. I think I have an edge in TE ,D ,K ,and Flex (even though Ricky Williams was average last week).
    They aren't projecting much for Mendenhall but they didn't last week against Denver's D when I foolishly benched him... he rocked on Monday. I figured Portis could at least get through a game the first time I have EVER played him.

I'm still amazed at the lack of trade movement in the league . I've been very lucky with waiver wire pickups . After this week I have no more juggling needed because of bye weeks (why did Moats sit there unclaimed for 2 weeks?? Amazing !)
    I think I've managed 2 trades in all my leagues. I pondered Moats but Slaton has been good points-wise so I figured a clear number one in Portis was better than a "who knows what Kubiak will do."
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 11:37 AM

I'll tell you guys this much McDrabb is not screwing me out of a win this week!!
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 11:44 AM

Spit, that just made LOL, I nearly choked on my sunflower seeds. I think you have a good shot this week. Btw, I have a couple of really good TE's and could use a good defense...
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 12:06 PM

Hmmmmm who are you looking at the Saints or the Eagles D?
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 12:19 PM
    How about the Giant D?? Surely they are worth an AP or a Michael Turner! :eek:
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 12:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    hmmmmm who are you looking at the Saints or the Eagles D?
    Saints for Celek.
    Ultra Member

Tom I think you got into Ex's stash with that offer!!
    Ultra Member

how about the Giant D ??? surely they are worth an AP or a Michael Turner !!:eek:
    Eek is right :D
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 12:31 PM
    I like Celek but I do have Health Miller. Let me think about it I'll let you know shortly
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 12:49 PM

You should negotiate in secret. What if I countered with Davis ?
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 12:52 PM
    you should negotiate in secret. What if I countered with Davis ?
    At least we got the ball rolling. Of course Davis won't help him this week, wouldn't go through until after he locks for tonight :D
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 02:33 PM

Shhhhhh !
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 02:40 PM
    shhhhhh !
    I may not be ahead in the standings but I'm not a complete dummy :D
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 02:48 PM

I am going to pass I can't trust the eagles D. Spoken like a true Eagles fan!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My due date is April 23rd [ 18 Answers ]

I am trying to find out the exact date I got pregnant this guy that I got pregnant by is trying to say the dates don't add up and I never slept with anyone else for months. Can you help me?

How to shift the case from one district to another district? [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in the year 2006.a female child was born in the year 2007.Now due to some misunderstanding my husband has filed case against me in his district.Now I am under the care of my parents along with my child.Now my question is I want to shift the case from his district to my district. Since...

23rd street body piercing [ 1 Answers ]

so there's a place in OKC that looks VERY clean, they have a virtual tour on the computer with all rescent pictures and u can pull the pics around to view the entire room. It's pretty cool. Anyway. I think that's where I want to go to get my BB done. Now it's off to ask my mom about it but anyway...

Congressional Reconstruction [ 2 Answers ]

What the congressional reconstruction greatest accomplishments

View more questions Search