Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rushbet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 03:41 AM
    L1 dependent i.e. about L2 visa
    Hi,
    My husband is in US with L1 visa. I am planning to go thr shortly and I would get a L2 visa sponsored by his company. I know that I can work on L2. I am also planning for an internal transfer from my company. In this case, can a L2 be used or my company has to give me a visa on their own say L1?
    Clarify.

Thanks,
    Rashmi
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Oct 27, 2009, 02:08 PM

You must file for an EAD after you enter as an L-2. takes about 90 days for EAD issuance. You can work for any company with the EAD as it is not employer-specific.

strategically, you should have your company file the L-1 for you as a principal. With both of you as L-1's, if there is ever any problem with the other spouses employer, they are eligible to file for the L-2 and L-2 EAD to work for another employer.
    sravani1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 09:48 AM
    Hi my husband is in us on l1 visa and I am planning to go there on l1 dependent visa. I want to know some questions that relates me
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Jan 27, 2011, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sravani1 View Post
    hi my husband is in us on l1 visa and i am planning to go there on l1 dependent visa. i want to know some questions that relates me
    Fine, but please post as a new question, not in response to this old thread. Thank you. :)
    tanya22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2012, 03:46 AM
    My husband is in us with l1 visa... now I want to go us on l1 dependent visa.. but on my passport I have my maiden surname... so is it possible to take l1 dependent visa on the same passport. I have marriage certifiacte with me...

Please reply its urgent.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My wife got UK student visa can myself and our child can get dependent visa [ 1 Answers ]

Q. My wife got UK student visa can myself and our child can get dependent visa ?

Dependent visa for spouse invalid visa [ 1 Answers ]

Dependent visa possible if spouse is in UK and visa is invalid and he got a new passport from Indian embassy in UK?

H1B visa holder claiming a Dependent who is on H4 visa? [ 2 Answers ]

I am on H1B visa and my wife is on H4 visa. Can I claim her as a Dependent while filing for the tax return. Do I have to apply for ITIN? Please explain the procedure. Thanks

View more questions Search