Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thanlong01 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 05:59 PM
    What is the focal length of the lenses in your eyes when you read a book that is 35cm
    What is the focal length of the lenses in your eyes when you read a book that is 35cm from them? The Distance from each lens to the retina is 0.19mm
    harum Posts: 339, Reputation: 27

Oct 31, 2009, 10:54 AM

Do you mean the book is 35 cm away from your eyes? If yes, then use that "thin lens" formula and remember that eye has a biconvex lens: 1/f + 1/d = 1/F. Here, d - distance to the book from the lens, f - distance to the retina from the lens. And F - eye's lens focal length. Solve for F the above equation. You assume here that eyes adjust the focal distance, so that you see the book image sharply at retina.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anime Movie from the 80/90 - animals with lots of read eyes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I hope you can help me.. I'm trying to remember a movie anime I saw when I was younger, I remembered that human had to fight this animals with lots of red eyes.. that changed to green eyes when they were calm.. and one girl in the end saves the planet by saving humans and that...

Looking for a book to read [ 1 Answers ]

I really like Twilight, also city of bones, city of ashes, and city of bones, I like book with romance and supernatural like vampires and stuff like that so if you could help me I also read chosen series and vampire dairys, so if anyone can help me out. But it has to have romance in it :D

View more questions Search