Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sir_romeo_111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 12:55 PM
    My laptop keeps on restarting at when I load it up continuesly
    I have a hp laptop which runs a windows xp. When I load it up it keeps restarting over and over again. I have tried running in safe mode and last good configurationbut I still get the same response. I have no idea what to do, can anyone help me please? I don't think I got a recovery disc with the laptop. The furthest it would go before restarting is when it shows the Microsoft windows xp logo comes up.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2009, 01:50 PM

It could be a faulty Windows install. That would mean reinstalling from scratch. Most laptops have a "hidden partition" where you can restore the original install of Windows. Usually, one hits one of F9, F10, F11, or F12 (usually F10 or F12 in my experience, but I've encountered the others) to boot from the hidden partition.

I ran into a very similar problem with my wife's computer. After fiddling with it for two days and testing it with some tools, I decided the problem was in the hardware. I ruled out memory using some memory scanners, but when testing the CPU, it would fail at odd times. I finally decided that it was either the CPU or the MoBo and I trashed it -- too expensive to fix.
    CAMILALLAM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 02:14 PM
    There are many possible reasons your laptop is restarting:
    - what is the latest program you opened ?
    - there might be a virus
    - your hard disk is in bad shape
    - the operating system is in bad shape and needs to be reloaded
    - THERE IS ELECTRICITY PROBLEM WITH YOUR OVER ALL LAPTOP Management AND XP IS VERY SENSITIVE TO THAT.(FAN,BATTERY,LCD,VGA,ETC.. )

In all cases you must precede by ilimination , AND ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING,otherwise your hard disk won't work again.
    In all cases you must have a second computer to download , serch the net AND make the disks that will save your damaged laptop!
    And the most important thing: SAVE YOUR FILES!

1- first of all depending on your laptop and heardware in it , you got to enter the Beo of the computer by pressing: Del,or F8 or F10 or F12 ,or F2 (you must try),but in general it is Del or ,F10 or F12. The blue screen comes on .
    Don't play with anything just see from the first link or screen if you'r hard disk is listed.

2 - if your hd is listed then all is OK you've got to have a Linux Distro , that can run directly from the dvd player, to enter the hd and copy all what you think is precious to you,files and documents, to a Flash usb . SLAX distro will do.
    Or Bart-Pe disk that can also enter the file system .
    IN ALL CASES YOU MUST HAVE SECOND COMPUTER,FOR INTERNET,DOWNLOADING AND MAKING DISKS,ETC...

2 - No virus scan or other manipulation will do : just save your files! BECAUSE YOU WILL HAVE TO WIPE OUT YOUR XP,AND INSTALL ANOTHER COPY.

4- ONE ALTERNATIVE before formating: if you have the installation disk of xp you can try to make a repair by putting the xp disk and when you come to choices hit Repair ( THE SECOND OPTION NOT THE FIRST)

ALL THIS WORK WILL TAKE AT LEAST ONE DAY OR TWO.

3 - if you don't know or don't have the time to do all this just go to a repair store and they will do it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My laptop keeps restarting [ 7 Answers ]

Okay, in the morning I turned my laptop on. Then I logged in, into my account, all was fine. Until my laptop turned off because the charger wasn't plugged in. So then I chucked the charger into the laptop, and turned the laptop back on. The laptop turned on, and it came to the screen where it says...

My laptop won't load CD's [ 19 Answers ]

I have a TOSHIBA Satellite L300 series and I don't know why it won't load CD's. I put the cd in and nothing happens. I can't find the cd drive any where and nothing about the CD. I have a CD that came with the laptop which is Recovery and Applications/Drivers: but I don't know if that ill help.

Laptop keeps restarting [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, my friend's laptop has a weird problem that started up just yesterday. Whenever she tries to turn on her laptop it starts up for about 3 seconds and then restarts. Then it continues to keep restarting over and over again. I've already searched around but the two of us haven't found any...

HELP! Laptop will not load w/ME on startup [ 4 Answers ]

I have a ibm think pad 390x 2626 running windows ME millennium. I was online and used the laptop all day.Shut it down properly and when I turned it on the following morning it would only boot up to the ibm thinkpad page with the message that says f1 for bios install. It will sit on that page and it...

View more questions Search