Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NIHON786 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 09:15 PM
    Received the collection letters from collection company after discharged from bankrup
    I had discharged all my debs after my bankruptcy judgment. I received a collection letter and phone calls from a collection agency what should I do now ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2009, 09:16 PM

Tell them the debt has been discharged in Bankruptcy (assuming that it was listed). You may have to send a copy of the final paperwork directly to them to make them go away.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2009, 01:07 PM

You can refer all callers to your bankruptcy attorney. You can also forward any letters to your bankruptcy attorney as well (provided you had one that is).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received summons from collection agency [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks in advance to any who can offer help. Recently we moved out of our rental but drove by to pick up any remaining mail. In the mail box was a copy of a summons from mann bracken LLP for Target National Bank for debt collection. We moved on of the rental on 10/2, so the house was vacant....

Collection of a Previously Discharged Debt [ 2 Answers ]

Is it legal to collect on a debt that was legally discharged in a bankruptcy 12 years ago?

I have received a summons letter from a collection attrny [ 3 Answers ]

:( Hello could someone please tell me how to respond late to a summons letter that was delivered to me from attorney representing amex.. it was served to me on July 4th and gave me 20 days excluding the day of delivery... I was in the process of moving and I paniced and stuffed the evenlope in a...

I have received a letter from attorneys office for debt collection [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering how long will it be before I reach a summons. I also live in the state of ca and will they have to sue me in California because I reside here? Also how long will it take for them to serve me a summons?

Received Summons From Collection Company [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, Today I received a summons from a collection company. I am being sued for money owed on a $1800.00 cell phone bill from November 2003. I reside in the state of California and am not sure what my rights are. My first question is do I need to hire an attorney? If not, what form...

View more questions Search