Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mally95 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 06:00 PM
    Finding the value of x
    I am having trouble figuring out x on some algebra problems and I have to show how I get my answers and verify the problems. One I am having trouble with is
    5(x+1)+6(x+2)=7(x+3)
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2009, 07:37 PM
    5(x+1)+6(x+2)=7(x+3)
    First distribute the terms

5(x+1) = 5x+5
    6(x+2) = 6x+12
    7(x+3) = 7x+21

5x + 5 + 6x + 12 = 7x + 21

Can you solve it now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need help finding someone [ 8 Answers ]

Hi my name is James Pawlik and I have been looking for an old friend I was in the Navy with I don't remember her ship because we only knew each other in (A) School and after graduation I never saw her again. I was just trying to see how she is and let her know how I am but I can't seem to find a...

Finding a job at this age [ 4 Answers ]

Im 12 years old and I'm having trouble finding a job do any of you know a job that I can do.:confused:

Finding dad [ 4 Answers ]

This is a naïve question, but I have been looking for my dad and I can't find him. Do you know where I could find him, but I have to do it for free cause I don't have a lot of money. His name his name is Andrew Lawrence White, he is 41 and born in the month of January he is African American that's...

Finding someone [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is a way to find out if my ex is working on the books. We have been separated for 7 years and has never given me any child support. Does anyone know how to do this?

View more questions Search