Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sundance1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 05:52 PM
    Murray sel etc twin auto riding lawn mower
    Murray sel etc twin auto riding lawn mower 2000 - 2001 doesn't want to start I have put new spark plugs took battery in for testing and that is good when I turn the key it does nothing tried jump starting nothing what else can I do before taking it in if there is anything else I can try
    Northern Mike Posts: 44, Reputation: 4

Oct 26, 2009, 01:56 AM

Hi Sundance1,
    Check all safety switches, i.e. seat, belt, clutch.
    Hope this helps.
    Mike.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Oct 27, 2009, 11:35 AM

Hi,
    I would add the fuse to that and tne ground. I always check the solenoid by a jumper from the battey side to the trigger.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray 12.5 Riding Lawn Mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need to replace the belt on the lawn mower but the model number is partially missing. This is a 38" cut and an older moldel probably early 90's. How do I find out what belt I need. Any suggestions

Murray Riding Lawn Mower will not start [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Murray Riding Mower that has a problem in the electrical starter control system. The starter does not turn. I have replaced the solenoid and the problem remains. I have used jumpers to bypass all the safety switched one at a time and also bypassed all of them with no change in the...

Murray Riding Lawn mower won't start [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Murray riding lawn mower that is not starting. It is used, the first time I used it, it worked fine, second time it kept dying. Now I cannot get it started. I ran the battery down so I did charge it to full, it sounds like it wants to start but won't. I did notice under the seat there...

Murray Riding Lawn Mower will not start [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 12.5 HP I/C murray riding mover. When trying to start, it would turn and crank. But would not turn over and start. It seems as if engine is turning too freely. Checked the sparkplug, it's OK. It was running this season, so it could not be the fuel line, could it? Any help would be greatly...

Murray Riding Lawn Mower [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Guys.. When I crank my mower... it turns over but will not actually crank. I should start by saying that I did a "no-no". I had a weak battery and several times used my car to start (jump off) the lawn mower.. Since then I have gotten a new battery, but now it won't crank. I noticed smoke...

View more questions Search