Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetjaynie77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 03:50 PM
    Dryer knob doesn't start dryer
    Please help y dryer knob turn and pushes in but the dryer doesn't turn on. What can be the problem? Hopefully it's something I can fix due to no money.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2009, 03:58 PM

See if the Door Switch clicks when opening/closing door.
    sweetjaynie77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 04:04 PM
    It does click closed
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2009, 04:11 PM

Door switch is what you hope for, could be the Door Switch. Verify Power to the Receptacle.
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Oct 25, 2009, 08:38 PM

You didn't say what brand. Some dryers have a thermal fuse that will not allow the dryer to come on if it is blown.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire dryer- broken knob, won't turn on [ 5 Answers ]

The plastic on knob fell off along with a small black metal piece as well. It looks like the black piece holds the plastic knob to the stem, but I'm not certain. Now, with no knob, the dryer won't turn on. It won't work even with plyers turning the stem. How do I go about fixing this? Is this...

Roper Electric dryer not heating/knob won't turn [ 4 Answers ]

My 5 year old roper dryer (model: REX4634KQ1) is turning, but not heating and the knob won't turn. Wondering what this may be? All of the lint is cleared out and everything else works fine. Both of these problems happened at the same time. Related or not related? :confused:

Roper dryer not heating and settings knob not turning [ 1 Answers ]

I have a roper dryer and it has stopped drying. I have taken the back off and tested the continuity on the element and on the 2 thermostats on the element housing and they all have continuity. I have noticed that when I run the dryer that the settings knob does not turn it stays in the same spot ...

View more questions Search