Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizzardz7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 02:52 PM
    Trying to wire ceiling fan switch and 2-3way light switches for ceiling lht/fan combo
    I have 1 single pole switch for fan, and 2 three way switches to run light only. The power in is by the double box that will house the fan switch and the #1 light 3way. The other box houses the other three way switch. My fan switch is turning the light on and off, the three ways are doing nothing. Also I have an outlet being powered from this mess. I have power there. What have I done wrong?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 25, 2009, 06:52 PM

What are you trying to do, install the fan/light or are you trying to wire the entire thing?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2009, 10:20 PM

Sounds like you wired it wrong.

Not much more else to say without more details!
    ksip Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2009, 08:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    What are you trying to do, install the fan/light or are you trying to wire the entire thing?
    Trying to install the fan/light with a existing 3-way switch. Is it possible to run the light with one switch and the fan with the other switch.
    ksip Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2009, 08:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ksip View Post
    trying to install the fan/light with a existing 3-way switch. Is it possible to run the light with one switch and the fan with the other switch.
    This is a new modular home and the dual switch plate already ran the light with both switches. I never wired anything.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2009, 10:15 PM

It sounds like it is wired for just that.

Ceiling Fan Wiring, Ceiling Fan Wiring Technical Help, Do it Yourself (DIY) - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire switch for ceiling fan and light [ 5 Answers ]

I am installing a ceiling fan with a light. I have power at the box and need to know how to wire for the switches. I want to control the fan and the light separately. Can I run a 14/3 + ground to the switch box by sharing a hot lead and using the other two wires for the switch?

3way switching w/ a fan light combo and dimmer switch [ 11 Answers ]

I've got a 3way switching situation: switch location 1 has a dimmer that has a slider for the light and a sliding dimmer for the fan. Location 1 has just a 3wire going to sw.location 2. Switch 2 has the 3wire from sw.location 1, a 2wire feed coming in, and a 3wire going to the ceiling fan/light. Do...

3way switches and a ceiling fan wire diagram [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a light fixture ( for my wife) that has 3 way switches, with a ceiling fan ( with a light). The way the light fixture is wired is both black leads from the switches are wire nutted together and the 2 white wires are wired to the fixture. Do I just wire the ceiling fan in...

Ceiling fan w/ 3way switches for light and 1 way for fan [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a ceiling fan that has 3 switches that control the light and 1 that controls the fan. I have 4 wires coming into the box for the fan (black, red, white and grnd). The new ceiling fan has a remote that has to 2 lead wires that are supposed to be connected to the source and 4 (2 for...

Ceiling Fan single switch/Light two 3-way switches [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire... Ceiling Fan with Light switched separately. Light to be controlled by two 3-way switches and fan controlled by a separate single switch. :confused:

View more questions Search