Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j34colby Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2006, 10:41 AM
    Flame Sensor
    How can I replace a flame sensor in a Trane heating unit?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2006, 01:43 PM
    Why do you want to replace it?

Nov 5, 2006, 01:46 PM
    Our heat was not working... it was turning on and shutting right back off. I had someone out here to look at it yesterday and they told me it was the flame sensor. He got it working and then it stopped. I can't get someone back out until Wednesday and wanted to know if I could change it myself instead of waiting. Could it be something else that is wrong?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2006, 02:02 PM
    Did he clean it? How? Most of the time they don't go bad they just get dirty.

Nov 5, 2006, 03:48 PM
    He said he cleaned the inside but it's still not working. Can I clean it myself?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2006, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by j34colby
    How can I replace a flame sensor in a Trane heating unit?
    Very few flame sensors go bad. Scrape it with a knife and give it a try. Don't use sand paper

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MAP sensor;Mass Airflow sensor;Volume Air sensor-All Same? [ 8 Answers ]

97 Nissan Pickup - 160,000 miles - KA24E engine -Check engine Soon Light Code reader says volume air sensor. Is this the same as a mass airflow sensor or the MAP sensor? Where is this sensor located, in the throttle body injection? Just threw a new O2 (Bosch)sensor on it, I lost that bet.. it...

Furnace Flame Sensor - Multiple Failures [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Experts, I have an ArcoAire RPJll furnace, vintage 1993 - natural gas. The furnace came with a 50A55-120 controller and a WR 760-470 flame sensor. Since installation the furnace has consumed 1 to 2 flame sensors a year and 3 controllers since installation. At present it has the 50A55-843...

Flame sensor questions [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Goodman gmp125-4 gas furnace. I've been having all sorts of problems recently. I've fixed most of them, but the last problem I had was a code 5 "false flame sensed". The chart inside the door said the most likely problem was a stuck gas valve. I assume this is the problem if the fire...

Flame on! [ 4 Answers ]

Please HELP. I'm having a problem with my furnace rather it's my thermostat it's no responding to the temperature. I replcae it with a new one and it's still the same the second I turn power on the flame and fan blower turns on.What could it be. The wring it's only two wires. W and r.

Old flame? [ 1 Answers ]

I can't seem to get an old boyfriend out of my head. I think of him often even though I am with someone. I felt like we were like best friends. Things just didn't work out though. Any ideas? Will I ever see him again? Does he think of me? Or is this all in my head?

View more questions Search