Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    winnie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2003, 04:23 PM
    Shaking and whining
    For the last week my lhasa female dog has been waking me up during the middle of the night crying and shaking the only time I have seen her do this is during a thunder storm,she is very frightened when it storms.Why would she be doing this otherwise? She does not have to go outside I tried that. Eventually she settles down and goes back to sleep.
    cher11 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2003, 02:23 AM
    shaking and whining
    Hi,

If she's waking you up at approx. The same time every night, look for some unusual light, or outside noise (like a garbage truck?) which may be frightening her because it duplicates the same light/sounds of a storm.

Also, could there be something in the house, like an appliance turning on and off automatically (fridge, a/c, heater, etc.) near where she sleeps that's scaring her? Could she be seeing a bug or a mouse--don't mean to gross you out, but I'm searching, here, as to what could be frightening her. Do you think she's cold?

Are all her other behaviors normal during the day? (Eating, drinking, eliminating, playing, etc.) Does anything seem to hurt her?

She could be having a bad dream, but I don't think this would happen every night.

If this continues for a couple of more days, I think you should bring her in for a vet-check and make sure everything is all right. You can get your vet's opinion re: this unusual behavior, at that time.

Good luck!

Cher : )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Shaking screen [ 11 Answers ]

?? My screen is shaking slightly. Please help!!

Dog is whining while eating [ 3 Answers ]

I've noticed over the past few weeks that my dog is whining (as if in pain) while feeding on dry food. I usually feed him dry food and he eats at a fast pace. At first it would happen occasionally, but now it happens almost every feeding. Some things I've noticed while he's eating: his...

Whining problem... Help! [ 2 Answers ]

I have just recently received a scotty-beagle mix puppy and I'm very frustrated with her. I can't figure out how to stop her from whining while I'm not with her. She needs human contact 24/7 it seems like and I have to go to work. Can some please give me some pointers. I have her in her kennel...

Head shaking [ 2 Answers ]

My 8 year old cocker spaniel was sleeping and jumped up and started scratching his left ear and shaking his head. I thought something crawled in his ear the way he jumped. I took him to the vet and she said his ears are fine. She swabbed his ears and looked under a microscope and said there were...

My motor is shaking [ 2 Answers ]

I just took my 91 honda civic for a 5 hour ride yesterday in the pouring rain. About half way in the trip my car started losing speed so I got on the side of the road and turned it off. After 10 minutes of letting it cool off I drove it the rest of the way. Sometimes it would lose speed/other times...

View more questions Search