Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    citylover Posts: 79, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 07:43 AM
    Monitor goes black unexpectedly
    Lately my monitor goed black suddenly. In order to get it back I need to restart my computer. Can anyone help me in what I need to do.
    Thanks
    Gekko Posts: 347, Reputation: 77

Oct 28, 2009, 07:25 AM
    If it's just a black screen and not "No Signal" then it sounds as though your Monitor might be dying. But I am no expert, I've simply had it happen to mine. It gradually gets more frequent. Although I could simply turn my monitor on/off and it would recover. But then fail again eventually. I just hooked up another monitor and avoided the problem.

It could possibly also indicate that the power to the monitor is the problem and that faulty cables-converters to the monitor are causing intermittent power flow. So they could possibly be replaced and not the entire monitor. However, I would expect the picture to come back without havign to reboot, so I'm not sure.

Hope this offers some help...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Black border round my monitor screen [ 1 Answers ]

I have a old opus technology monitor cm1414e ,200 240v ,0.6a ,50\60hz it was manufactured in 1992 . The sreen is normal when turned on but when my computer starts loading my windows xp home edition it develops a black border which shrinks the viewing area of the screen I tried altering sreen...

Black bars on side of monitor [ 3 Answers ]

I've switched to a larger monitor but now I have a black bar on either side of the screen which is where the old monitor came to. Is there any way to fix this so that the screen fits the desktop? Without any black bars?

Laptop Monitor Totally Black [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I put my Toshiba Satellite laptop on sleep. I came back a few minutes later and pressed enter, it stayed black. I waited to see if it would come back a few minutes later. It didn't, so I turned it off and restarted it. The power light was on and I could hear the computer running but...

Monitor goes black [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I know someone knows the answer to this. While I am sitting here writing papers, responding to AMHD, whatever, my monitor all of the sudden wiggles on the sides then goes black. I have to turn it off then back on again. All connections are tight, so that probably is not it. Does...

Black Border Around Monitor [ 6 Answers ]

Using 98 SE---I have this black border on the left and right of each web page about an inch wide--how to I get rid of this and go back to full screen--? --Thank you--

View more questions Search