Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gallienus Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2006, 09:53 AM
    Hampton Bay Model 55295 replace lights
    Hello,

I have a Hampton Bay celing fan Model 55295, 54 In. Brushed Steel Windward II With Remote. It's about 3.5 years old and the lights inside it have been burning out & now it's very dim. How do I get the cover off so I can replace the light?

I went to HD & they opened a new box for me and showed me the manual but the diagram on removing the cover is very simple. I tried everything but the cover won't budge. This model has no screws anywhere.

Thanks
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2006, 01:20 PM
    You apply pressure to the class and rotate it counter-clockwise. Eventually it will slip out.

Nov 6, 2006, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingfanrepair
    You apply pressure to the class and rotate it counter-clockwise. Eventually it will slip out.
    Well I pushed it up until it hits the ceiling & if I twist counter-clockwise any harder I'm afraid I'll break the stem. Does it require this much force?

I think I may have to take a hammer to the glass to open it.
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2006, 09:34 PM
    Break the stem?

It should require some force, although not enough to break anything. It could be stuck.

Nov 7, 2006, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingfanrepair
    Break the stem?

It should require some force, although not enough to break anything. It could be stuck.
    What I'll try doing is getting my wife to hold the body of the fan while I just try twisting the glass. If I just try twisting it myself the stem & parts begin to bend and the glass still shows no signs of budging. It really is a hard sucker to work on.
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2006, 12:05 AM
    You can try using some penetrating oil like WD40, be careful not to overspray.
    1nine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2009, 11:18 AM
    I have the same problem with the Hampton Bay Windward II as Gallienus has. I have tried numerous times to get the glass off. I have had my dad and brother try to do it as well and none of us can get the glass to budge. The circle sections of the fan rotate when we attempt to rotate just the glass and when the circle sectinos stop rotating the glass still does not budge. I am now looking for a new glass piece because I am eventually going to have to break the glass to get to the bulbs.
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2009, 10:17 PM

You won't have to break it, just be persistent. I tried for hours on glass that didn't budget, and was packing up my ladder, and decided to try one more time, and it came right out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Model AC-552 [ 9 Answers ]

Anyone familiar with the Hamton Bay model AC-552? It has a 4-inch drop and the light fixture is 4 bulbs. I'd post a picture if I knew how on this site. If you are familiar with it can you kindly tell me if this fan is adaptable to flush mount . I'd appreciat it.

Hampton Bay Outdoor Lights [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I cannot figure out why my Hampton Bay outdoor lights will not turn off when I set them to auto-off after two hours. They stay on all the time now.

Hampton Bay CF: fan works, lights don't [ 3 Answers ]

I hung a hampton bay ceiling fan (Huntington III), controlled by a simple single light switch, and the fan works well, but the lights do not work at all. I wired white to white, black to black, green and blue to outlet box ground. I am guessing that it's a manufacturer's defect, since it is getting...

Hampton Bay Fan Model 645-451 [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know if there is a light kit available for this ceiling fan that I purchasde from Home Depot? Thanks

Hampton Bay fan, lights stay on? [ 2 Answers ]

My dad has a Hampton Bay remote controlled fan with upper and lower lights The problem is the remote will not turn off or on the lower lights My dad found this out when he tried to turn off the light last night, it stayed on until I could unscrew the bulbs. I tried the battery its good and...

View more questions Search