Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itzo_bass Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2006, 09:29 AM
    Hydronic heating system
    I'm a licensed electrician that's been asked to hook up a 4 zone hydronic heating system which I have never worked with before. It's a mighty therm boiler model HH-PH, using RIB2041D relays 24 volt thermostat and a side wall vent. I've got all the 120 volt hook-up done and the relays hooked in but, I'm not familiar with boiler-thermostat-vent low voltage hook-up. Is there somewhere on the boiler that I can tap the transformer for 24 volt line feed to my relays? What is the proper series hook-up i.e. vent to valve to boiler or boiler the vent then valve? This is a residential setting and in this part of the country we don't get this type of set-up. Any help would be deeply appreciated.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2006, 01:56 PM
    Is there any way you can post a plan or schematic? Most boilers the flue vent damper goes back to a prewired harness in the boiler. There is allot I don't quite understand in your post.
    itzo_bass Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 04:52 PM
    NorthernHeat:

Thanks for replying. I'm fairly certain the flue vent will tie into the MV and MV/PV prewired post on the boiler through the proving switch.?. My concern is

1) do I run the relay through the flue vent then to the boiler or do I tie in the flue vent and proving switch as normal to the boiler and just put the boiler on the relay?

2) Is the transformer in the boiler enough to use to also power my relays,i.e.: from the boiler transformer to the line side of the relays using the thermostat as a switch to activate the relays?

Sorry I can't load in a schematic but, don't have a scanner. If it helps it's a LAARS Mighty therm model HH-PH. As far as the layout of the project,I'm working with a plumber who basically just told me to figure it out!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recommended heating system pressure [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all, We have a natural gas fired boiler/furnace/whatever-it's-called heating system (i.e. I don't know the exact technical term for this machine. I do know that it boils water only for the heating system - we have a separate water heater for regular hot water use). The system supposed to heat...

Heating system for log home [ 5 Answers ]

We are in the process of building a log home. 1. Size of the home is 1796 sq ft. second floor is 534 sq ft. catheral ceiling, home will be on full basement. 2. planning to use propeane for heat. And will have central air. 3. What would to the best size propane heat unit and central air...

Water heating system [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a new home (2800 sf each level main and basement) and will be doing a manifold distribution system with PEX piping. With the length of the house, I was planning on a two water heater system. Both 50 gal electric plumbed in tandem. If this seems feasible, would I just supply the...

Burping heating system [ 5 Answers ]

Last month I had several visits from my oil service people because of no heat in one of my zones (oil-fired, hot water, 3-Zone system). The solution was to bleed the system until the line essentially burped. Since those visits I've had to burp the lines myself (watched the techs carefully when they...

View more questions Search