Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dukedeh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 01:08 AM
    GE refrigerator GSH25KGMBWW leaking water from freezer door
    I have a 7.5 year old GE refrigerator, model GSH25KGMBWW, that was making a strange howling noise several weeks ago, but I chose to ignore it. Yesterday, I noticed water had leaked from the refrigerator onto the floor. I turned off the water valve to the supply line of the refrigerator. Water continued to leak. When I looked more closely, I could see that the water is coming from the very bottom of the freezer door. I also noticed water collecting in the water dispenser on the outside of the freezer door. So I turned off the ice maker, and removed the ice from the freezer - no more water there at the water dispenser. Water continued to leak from bottom of freezer door, but appears to have stopped now (approx 18 - 24 hrs later). The freezer is now not cooling. I question how cold the refrigerator is getting. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    rkifer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2010, 05:52 PM
    I am having the same problem right now - did you ever find an answer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freezer door pops open slightly when refrigerator door is closed. [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Amana bottom freezer refrigerator and when I close the refrigerator door the freezer door opens ever so slightly, so one is not aware it is open. Also, when you gently close the feezer door it stops short of forming a seal and you need to push it to get it to close.

GE refrigerator leaking water from the door [ 14 Answers ]

As the title says, my GE frig just starting leaking water at the bottom of the freezer side door. This is the type of refrigerator which is a side by side with freezer on left side along with the ice/water dispenser built into the door. I can not see any water tubes going from the unit to the...

GE Profile Refrigerator/Freezer Leaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE Profile Fridgee Model #: PDS20MCPAWW. The freezer is the bottom drawer in this unit. About 2x a week, I discover puddles in my kitchen coming from the freezer. I open the drawer and chip away at the ice that has frozen over on the bottom of the drawer. That seems to do the trick...

Refrigerator door leaking [ 1 Answers ]

The door of my GE side-by-side fridge started leaking water from the freezer side door after I had flushed the drain plug in the freezer and had the freezer door open for a long time.

MayTag freezer door opens when refrigerator door is closed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 9 year old Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Recently whenever I close the refrigerator I notice that the freezer door pops open. I looked at the seals around it but can't see anything wrong. I did notice that I can simply tap on the door and it will...

View more questions Search