Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mishb64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2009, 01:05 PM
    Bankruptcy & Debt
    How do you go about declaring bankruptcy without paying a lot money for it?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 03:01 PM

You can file the paperwork yourself but it is not a good idea. That doesn't cost you anything except getting your hands on the correct schedules and filing them out properly. There is NO getting around the Federal filing fee to file for bankruptcy.

http://www.uscourts.gov/bankruptcycourts/fees.html

Some attorneys can put you on a payment plan for their fees. That is probably the best route to go when filing bankruptcy. There are no freebie attorneys for this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DEBT! What should I do debt consolidation,debt settlement bankruptcy (kind of long) [ 8 Answers ]

Hello to everyone :) I've been reding on here and seen the great questions asked and answered, and thought I'd ask a few questions. Ok so here is my situation, I have total about 35k worth the credit card debt (3 cards, amex 20k, visa 5k and another visa 10K), a 12k car loan and a house in WA....

Bankruptcy and debt [ 4 Answers ]

How do I stop a collection agency from garnishing my check ?

Bankruptcy and debt [ 1 Answers ]

My sister took a second on her house to pay some debts. One of the debts was $2500 she Owed me. Now she is filing bankruptcy. Her lawyer said since she repaid me insteat of other Debts. I am liabel for the $2500 of her debt. But if I write her a check for $900 they won't Bother me and she can do...

Debt after Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

We filed bankruptcy and included our 1st and 2nd mortgage as a reaffirmation. Well my husband got laid off and we just didn't have the money to pay for the 2nd mortgage payment. The mortgage company notified us saying that the property did not have the value for foreclosure, but that our account...

View more questions Search